Practical Classics photoshoot - R129 required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vikki

Car
Mini
Folks,

I help research the buying guides for Practical Classics and the next one I’ve been asked to do is on the R129. I need to find a tidy example, which I can put into the studio to photograph for the piece. Can you please get in touch with me if you’ve got a car that we can put in the studio – it needs to be in good condition and essentially to standard spec. The spec itself doesn’t matter, but something reasonably brightly coloured would be perfect as it's photographed on a white background in artificial light – so no white cars can be used and I also try to avoid black or silver, although we can use those if necessary. There will only be studio photography of the car, so there will be no dynamic shots taken at all.

If you think you might be able to help, could you drop me a line please, ideally directly to me at vicky@richarddredge.com, attaching a couple of photos so I can show the Art Ed the interior and exterior colours. In return for the use of your car (which nobody but you will drive), you'll get your fuel costs paid, a set of the pictures (a studio shoot is worth about £350-£400) and a copy of the magazine.

You'll need to be able to give up a few hours to take your car to a studio in Derby or possibly Bedford. It would obviously be best for us to get someone reasonably close to one of these locations but not essential.

This forum very kindly helped me out about 4 years ago so I think I'm OK with this post but I apologise if not. This shoot needs to be organised within the next week or so due to a schedule swap around which I apologise for as normally we would give a bit more notice.

Thanks for your time,

Vicky Dredge

Can I have the £350-£400 in cash & I'll buy my own mag?

Will you, the photographer and the printers also be doing it for just a set of snaps, or will real money be changing hands?

A bit more information - the shoot needs to take place on Saturday 9th April in Derby and I'm obviously not asking for anyone to do anything they don't want to, but if there are any owners out there who are interested in seeing what goes into a studio shoot and getting a set of the pictures for the cost of their fuel and some of their time then let me know and I can give you further details. Many thanks Vicky

A bit more information - the shoot needs to take place on Saturday 9th April in Derby and I'm obviously not asking for anyone to do anything they don't want to, but if there are any owners out there who are interested in seeing what goes into a studio shoot and getting a set of the pictures for the cost of their fuel and some of their time then let me know and I can give you further details. Many thanks Vicky

Do you have a suitable car for the shoot?

Hi Vicky
I have emailed you with details of my R129
Paul

I'd loan mine, but (apart from the wheels) it's still a bit shabby. Practical classic perhaps, practically concours definitely not; 'shabby chic' doesn't seem to apply to cars...

I'll certainly buy a copy of the mag, though; any idea when it is likely to be available?

Hi E55BOF, we don't expect concours cars but so long as the trim isn't hanging off and the upholstery isn't ripped then the Art Ed will consider all cars submitted, unless they have been heavily modified as they try to show cars that you are most likely to find for sale. All hats are welcome in the ring!

The article is due out in the June issue which goes on sale first week of May, hence the slight scramble at sorting this one.
Many thanks
Vicky

It would help if you could post a schedule of what cars are required for each month, that way it will give you a better chance of you getting what you want and also increase sales when someone is interested in that particular model... just a thought...

Hi Thompssx, completely understand where you are coming from and I agree. If I say that I've got the whole year sorted except the R129 because it was scheduled to be the last one I think there is a degree of the Law of S*d coming into play which decided to jinx me because I felt so smug. Pride and fall come to mind......
Vicky

KH,

Why do you allow them to post these begging requests?

Practical Classics is a for profit organisation & they should not be on here mooching & scrounging member's cars to increase their bottom line!

Hi Vikki, did you manage to arrange this photo shoot?

The next time you hear from her will be when she wants something for free. Don't expect the courtesy of an answer or anything like that.

Some folk, I think, are flattered or aggrandised by having their car in a magazine. For them I expect, that is recompense enough.

Some folk, I think, are flattered or aggrandised by having their car in a magazine. For them I expect, that is recompense enough.

...and when it comes to selling it 'as featured in Practical Classics magazine'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom