Prague

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SEM

MB Enthusiast
Car
2007 C220 CDi SPORT & E350 Coupe Sport
You lot are well travelled, I'm having next, (flying Sunday) for week in Prague with the missus and the kiddo (9).. Never been, and know very little apart from everyone has given it a thumbs up with very little to say.
I've been given 1 recommendation to visit Bellevue for lunch.. anything else i should take the family to see?

Ta
SEM

Gr8 place and generally very friendly but watch out for the pick-pockets. Sorry to be a damp blanket but got "steamed" in the hotel lobby...
Fore-armed is fore-warned..

Fantastic city, was there a few years back for a weekend! As mentioned above watch for the gypo pick pockets, a kid took my mobile from my jean pocket and I didnt even realise and I do regard myself as being pretty sharp! So be on your guard! It was also very cheap when we were there, your picking a good time to go, we went in Novemeber and it was baltic, enjoy!

Hello,

Agree it was as cheap as chips when we went (probably 10 yrs ago). Nice interesting place. We drove there....some interesting sites after the border (ladies of the night..). Sorry cannot recomend any must do's but if you walk up to the castle type place thats nice and a park right at the top looks over the city.

Advice

Take your walking shoes, as cobbled streets play havok on your feet.

When you arrive go to the main square, by the clock, and look for the old hire cars and take a trip. They speak English and are better value than the horsedrawn carts. They will take you all over Prague City and show you the sights and you can then choose which to visit. The one shown is very good if he is on duty.

As has been said watch out for pick-pockets and beggars, also DO NOT change money with the street vendors as their money is FORGED.

Go across the Bridge at Night and see the artistes at work.

Attachments

• Car in Prague.jpg
    Car in Prague.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 117
I forgot take a trip down "Golden Lane".:rock:

Also see if you can work out the time on this clock in the square. Stay till it strikes as it is a tourist attraction.:rock:

Visit this site for local information.

Prague

Attachments

• Clock.jpg
    Clock.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
I must do some traveling now having worked for so much of my life, How safe is it to take say my SL say over Europe to the Eastern block. Any pointers or advice would be welcome.

Thanks

Also see if you can work out the time on this clock in the square.

Does the clock on the left give me a clue?, it one heck of a moon phase dial.

Thanks for the list link, seems more on this than other local attraction websites

Here now, left a soggy England to a nice warm Prague..

Will report later.. Hotel is fantastic so far!

I must do some traveling now having worked for so much of my life, How safe is it to take say my SL say over Europe to the Eastern block. Any pointers or advice would be welcome.

Thanks

Should be ok Malcolm, so long as you sleep in your car :rolleyes:

see if you can work out the time on this clock in the square. Stay till it strikes as it is a tourist attraction.:rock:

That looks like an annual clock. 12 months, and 28 day lunar cycle, then 12 hour clockface.

Is it?

That looks like an annual clock. 12 months, and 28 day lunar cycle, then 12 hour clockface.

Is it?

Originally instaled in 1410, the clock was rebuilt by the Master Hanuš in 1490. It consists of three parts – the procession of Apostles, the astronomical clock and the calendar. The main attraction is the hourly procession of the 12 Apostles

SEM

Your mission today: Go to the main road leading out from Wencelas Square toward the civic centre (I think) and hire a Trabant. Pictoral evidence required...

This message will self-destruct in 5 seconds :D

I've seen one or two about... see what i can do on Tuesday..

Does have to be open top?

I've seen one or two about... see what i can do on Tuesday..

Does have to be open top?

I thought they were open top even if you didn't want one like that? lol Is it true that if one were to catch fire the bodywork produces a highly toxic smoke?

We went for Mrs' Golloms birthday and attended the opera (The Bartered Bride). Rented a box which cost £40 total for the 4 of us and wine is £6 a bottle in the opera house bar. Drop dead gorgeous building too.

VERY smart Art Deco restuarant close by which was a bit expensive at £20 a head including wine :eek:

The old Skodas certanly are not desiel, certainly popular though. I did see a E class with Audi spoked wheels.. looked well odd

I spent this bank holiday there. Weather was great. Saw a new W204, Audi S8, various SL55's and had a ride in a brand new S class.

One taxi driver tried to rip us off but capitulated when we threatened him with the police! Hotel was the Boscollo Carlos IV. Very impressive. Food was good and the beer excellent. Only saw one 'stag' party which was embarrasing as a group of 'English' people staggered across the Charles bridge with an inflatable doll:rolleyes:

Did the Tyn church, Chrales bridge, Wenceslas square, the Clock tower etc.

All in all a good weekend.

I like Prague, went there for stage one of my honeymoon.
Stage 2 was Mexico..:)

AND ALL TAXI DRIVERS ARE RIP-OFFS.

Watch the meter rise like the Zimbabwe inflation rate... a 5-minute ride that should cost £2 from the centre to the castle will be £7-10. Even the Mayor of Prague got ripped off when he pretended to be an Italian tourist to find out for himself how bad it is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom