Praise For Brabus Kent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GRAV888

MB Enthusiast
Car
2017 CLA 180 AMG in Black (mine) 2018 GLA 200 SE in Black (wifes)
I can not praise these blokes highly enough.
I had the SRS warning light come on last night and took my car to MB of Gillingham this morning. They said they couldn't do anything until Monday 10th and would be an initial inspection charge of 1/2 hrs labour (£45+vat) :eek: , then they would quote me for what needed to be done. :crazy:

Then I decided to try Brabus. :rolleyes:
Walked into reception and told the service guy the problem. He took the car round the workshops and 5 minutes later, he brought it back round with a full print-out and said it just needed re-setting.
When I asked him how much it would be, he said they had already re-set it and there was no charge. :D
Why can't all dealers be like this? :confused:

So, if any of the Brabus Kent guys use this forum,
thanks and have a couple of narna's.
:bannana: :bannana:

fully Agree Marcos,

In a world of pretty poor to average MB service, its a delight to hear good news

Grav, - do they have a web site? yahoo isn't playing the game.

Steve

Just to add they've just fitted my Fuel Saver (see separate thread) free of charge and ordered in my spring pads. :)

Would a service performed by Brabus be considered an MB official service? Also would they stamp my service book as well?

I need my 63,000 mile service very soon (also need SRS dash light reset) and was considering whether to use either:

1. Official MB Service from MB Orpington
2. Steve the Mechanic
3. Brabus Kent

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Steve

Easy one! Steve everytime. Remember MB wanted about £600 to fit my shocks Steve is doing it for £80.

R2D2 said:
Easy one! Steve everytime. Remember MB wanted about £600 to fit my shocks Steve is doing it for £80.

Thanks R2D2 will give him a call then to arrange :)

R2D2 said:
Who is Steve? is he good for all Merc work? where is he & how do I contact him?

Steve is who Mercedes get to fix their cars. He is the biz and has worked for many of us on here and many of my friends, family and neighbours. Others I'm sure will vouch for him. I'll send you a PM.

Could you please send me a pm with regard to Steve as well please. Thanks in advance.

praised brabus before but really cant emphasise enough how good they actually are. ask them to take you out in the brabus e class w/ 530 bhp as well...its a hoot.

I have read a lot about Steve the Mechanic and I think my SLK could do with his touch, only problem is I don't have 30 points to PM anyone.
Am I right in thinking that if I contact the title of this thread I'll be in the right place?
If not any hints as to how I can find him, MOT due 2nd November, ABS ESP/BAS warning lights, all ABS sensors been replaced also MAF and Lambda sensors. Local garage says they cant figure it out, I don't want to wait and pay for there thinking time, maybe someone can email a number to me, PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

R2D2 is the only member still active on the forum that I recognise from this eight year old thread.

Might be worth checking the steering angle sensor? Either way just take it to an Indie with STAR diagnostics to read the fault codes. If you post your location perhaps we can point you in the right direction.

I have a note of a mobile phone number for "Steve, MB Mechanic" which I think is Steve from Maidstone area, don't know if it's the correct Steve or whether it's still active. The number ends 6120 - anyone know if it's still correct?

I have a note of a mobile phone number for "Steve, MB Mechanic" which I think is Steve from Maidstone area, don't know if it's the correct Steve or whether it's still active. The number ends 6120 - anyone know if it's still correct?

That's still Steve's number. He is still in Maidstone and I'm sure he will sort the poster prob.
EDIT. Email sent to OP.

Last edited:
R2 is Steve? Brabus Kent? as the title of the post? If so does he supply the full range of services for our beloved money pits?

Tony.
p/s are you going to bluewater tonight?

Steve worked at Brabus for a while and still works for MB but has looked after many on here. He does servicing and mods but doesn't supply brabus stuff. Not sure about tonight yet, we have a friend around at tea time and not sure if I'll be free. If i can I might.

I vouch for Steve too! Top guy who knows everything about MB. The only reason I will not be using him for the time being is that I opted for the service plan on the GL for £30 a month. If it wasn't for that he'd still be my first choice :)

I have used Steve in the past following a recommendation from R2D2 and had good service too.
I am currently using Mike at MB - Medway who is based in Rochester. Benfits are he is an ex MB Main Dealer senior technician, has a factory unit with ramps which means you can be inside making tea whilst he works, hourly rates are good and he is a great guy building a business. PM me for contact details.
PS - I took my new distibutor cap , leads and rotor arm to him last Saturday + Sybil of course. He fitted them all at no charge - how cool is that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom