Praise for MB Birmingham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spinaltap

Car
A180 Avantgarde (2009) A180 Avantgarde (2012)
While hurtling along the A38 towards Worcester a week ago, I nearly jumped out of my skin when the low pressure alert on my W169 A-Class sounded (the alarm is very loud, by-the-way).

When I stopped the car there was nothing visibly to indicate anything was wrong, but an all-round check indicated a 7LB loss on the offside right rear. I pumped it up and all seemed well. The car was garaged over the weekend, and when checked, the same tyre showed a 5LB loss of pressure.

The soapy water test did not reveal anything wrong with the valve, and there were not any visible signs on the tyre that anything was amiss.

Rather than take the car to my local Kwik Fit (£90 for a new tyre) I took the car to my local Mercedes dealership in Birmingham. No appointment was necessary.

Phil the tyre-man took 5 minutes to identify a small pin-head nail lodged deep in the tread. It was so small that one could easily mistake it for a small piece of gravel.

The same Continental tyre from Mercedes Birmingham ordinarily would have cost £130 - but I was only charged the modest sum of £23 to drill-out the offending item and plug the hole that was left - and I got a delicious free cappuccino too (better than anything from Costa, Starbucks or Pret).

Thank you Mercedes Birmingham for saving me £107.

Last edited:
£23 for a puncture repair - jeepers!

I've never paid anything like that and on wifey's Honda the dealer does them free (thankfully only tested once).

What price a good cup of coffee...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom