Pre-cut mirror tint?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
Does anyone know of a seller that does pre-cut window tints in mirror/silver (also known as reflective and one-way?)

I want to tint the rearmost windows of the volvo so that the dog doesn't get too much sun on the drive down... mirrored film seems like the ideal at keeping temperatures down...

M.

Sorry, but i've only ever seen the pre cut kits in the standard blacks and sometimes blues.....

Having said that the pre cut kits tend to run at around £40ish maybe more for a largish car and unless you have fitted window film lots in the past, it can look a lot less than average going the DIY route.....

The films available pre cut tend to also be lower qaulity (blacks start to look purple quite quickly) than what you get from a pro installer, and remember that the decent ones also tend to offer lifetime guarantees for as long as you own the vehicle too.....

Ended up finding a company that cuts black tint and has "solar guard 20" silver tint for office windows they were willing to cut for the car.

I've fitted a few tints in the past (both house and car) - never had any problems. As long as there's plenty of water on the winow they squeegee out easily ;)

Total cost including shipping ended up at £28.50 - plus another few pounds for a new stanley knife... and probably a few more when I can't find my squeegee :p

It's odd - I could swear that last time I fitted a silver tint to a car (a W202 estate) there were tons of ebay sellers doing silver pre-cut...

Oh well... I'll post before/after pictures when it's ready :)

M.

Not a bad price at all that! if you've done it before you should be fine! I never have, and I know I'd make it look pants - which is why I'm looking for someone to do mine! lol....

Not a bad price at all that! if you've done it before you should be fine! I never have, and I know I'd make it look pants - which is why I'm looking for someone to do mine! lol....

Having lived in tropical countries most of my life, window tints were "de-rigeur"... in many cases it was a matter of do it yourself if you want it done right...

If it arrives and is reasonable quality,I'll post a link to the seller...

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom