Pre entry climate control from key

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ming666

Car
2016 C350e
2016 C350e
I've set this up but I need to know if I can adjust some of the things it does. The manual is woefully inadequate.

Right now when I unlock it with the key it warms the car (presumably it would also cool the car if it were warmer outside than the 20C the climate control is set to) This is great and just what I want it to do. However, it also turns on the heated seats at full blast (both front ones, again I assume it wouldn't do this if it were warmer outside than 20C)
What I want is to have it turn on only the drivers one and only on the lowest setting. Is there a way to do this?

Looking at the settings on the info screen there's not much to play with. It's set to to the drivers side only. If I try and set it to the whole car it won't let me it just flips straight back to drivers side only.

I do not have the subscription to the relevant Mercedes Me service to use the app and it wouldn't work on my drive anyway as I don't have a signal.

Using the screen in the car you need to select drivers side only.
However it will switch the seat heater on at the highest level - there is no option to vary it.

Thanks
I have set the drivers side only (It won't let me choose the whole car) but it is still turning on the passenger heated seat

That's weird. All I can suggest is trying a different setting and then moving it back to the driver's side.
Mine looks like this:
1.jpg

If I press the rotary selector it look like this and then I can choose the other options:
2.jpg

Thanks
Yep that's what mine looks like. If I try and move the wheel to select the whole car it stays on tat setting for half a second then just flips straight back to the drivers side.
I'll have a play. Maybe the sync setting is on (or off) and needs adjusting. I did notice that and wondered what it did.

Sync means the temperature is the same for both sides of the car.

When you turn the selector wheel you have to press it to select the option you want.

Sync means the temperature is the same for both sides of the car.

When you turn the selector wheel you have to press it to select the option you want.
That's what I figured it meant, from memory I have it ticked as you do. I'll check

I'm pressing the wheel to select the option, it doesn't like it though

Well I've had a look at it and according to the manual the heated seat isn't even supposed to come on on the passenger side.
Turning the pre entry off and on and redoing all the settings makes no difference. Passenger seat still pre-heats.

Sorry, not sure what to suggest now.
I use mine from the app, and with it set on driver's side, only the driver's seat heats up. If I have it on whole car it puts them both on.

No Worries. Glitch in the matrix!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom