Pre-facelift and facelift W211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MercedesDriver

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Jaguar XF Sportbrake 25t X260; Mini Cooper R50
Can someone please list the differences between pre and facilift models of W211.
I've read in one of the threads that the facelift models have mash cover of central speaker but this can be seen on several W211 models with 05 and 54 regs and I'm totally confused now which ones are updated models.

There were apparently 2000 parts changed from pre-facelift to facelift model.

The mesh speaker cover was changed on 2004 models I think, but the you can tell a facelift model by the lines in the front indicator lenses, larger grill and different rear lights.

Facelifts have:

-Pointy grill with the blue MB logo on them.
-Wingmirrors that are separate from the body (if you get my meaning)
-Front headlight indicators have 2 horizontal slats
-Rear bootlid chrome strip goes from side to side
-Rear light clusters no longer have strips across
-

Facelifts have:

-Pointy grill with the blue MB logo on them.
-Wingmirrors that are separate from the body (if you get my meaning)
-Front headlight indicators have 2 horizontal slats
-Rear bootlid chrome strip goes from side to side
-Rear light clusters no longer have strips across
-

Thanks. Is there any part of VIN that will clearly indicate that it is facelifted model?

Got a photo of it to confirm?

Pre-Facelift:
Mercedes_E-Klasse_Avantgarde_(W211)_front_20090923.jpg

Facelift:
Mercedes_E200K_Elegance_Facelift_front.jpg

I think I'm right in saying that the facelift came in on the 06 plate, I'm not sure if any came in as early as '55.

I think I'm right in saying that the facelift came in on the 06 plate, I'm not sure if any came in as early as '55.

There was a revised version with updated electronics mainly between 04 - 55 plates.

*** had a kind of hybrid spec - pre faceflift body (as per Carl's photos) but V6 engine and 7G.

A 55 plate I think.

It's an *** type hybrid, assuming the spec is correctly listed.

It was in the change over phase. I sure Mercedes had a load of pre-facelift chassis hanging around. So why not use them up before shifting over to the new facelift chassis.

Thats why you can get some pre-facelift models with the sport trim.

It was in the change over phase. I sure Mercedes had a load of pre-facelift chassis hanging around. So why not use them up before shifting over to the new facelift chassis.

Thats why you can get some pre-facelift models with the sport trim.

Does it mean that every W211 with Sport trim no matter pre or facelift is with updated electronics?

I would say so because the sport trim has the newer mesh grill (in centre console).

I would say so because the sport trim has the newer mesh grill (in centre console).

But there are also elegance and avantgarde trim models 54 & 05 which are pre-facelift but with mesh. are those also with updated electrics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom