Pre MoT -Check

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NJSS

Car
2011 SL 350 Fire Opal Red|||2016 Land Rover Discovery|||1973 MGB GT V8|||1959 MGA Roadster
This thread does not relate to my Mercedes.

One of my other cars, 5 years old, is due an MoT next month. I booked it in for a pre MoT check, for a couple of issues of which I was aware to be rectified & for an MoT test.

The car failed:-
  • Nearside Front Lower Suspension arm pin or bush excessively worn and ball joint has play
  • Offside Front Lower Suspension arm pin or bush excessively worn and ball joint has play
  • Central Prop shaft bearing excessively worn
On the one hand I am disappointed that the car was sent for an MoT with these issues, as I don't like seeing items such as this on the service record.

On the other hand there can be no argument with my warranty company as to the cost of repairs as I am covered for MoT failures.

Thoughts please?

NJSS

Just bang it in for an MOT next year. Only cost about £30 and free retests when repairs are done. I think people will look at the MOT history, see the details of your failure then see that it's passed. Comfort from knowing that problem won't appear again for a few years. Better than some dodgy service stamps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom