pre or post face lift variant E220 cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

m2mb

SUPPORTER
Car
E220 CDI 2008, E220d 2019
Help please !!!

Are the details below showing a pre or post car/facelift w211????

Model variant name: E220 Cdi Elegance
Madel variant system setup date: 03 May 2006
Model variant visibility date: 1 May 2006

(Vin is WDB2110082bxxx, xxx my edit)
Production date shown as 2007. first UK reg Feb 2007. Plates in UK were ..56..

(the car is sold defininately as auth. facelifted)

Many thanks.

Thanks for the reply.

For me, seeing is half believing unfortunately because I know the facelift came around in June 06 and the data I have (see prev post) says May06. (OK i suppose it was set up a month earlier than the intro for sale - one wild guess)

I worry and wonder whether there are have been modification to a prefacelift car.

If someone could help I'd really be a happier man.

I v done an autocar (hpi) search which gives all positive results and 170bhp for the car (with plates and vin matching etc) so i guess it cannot be prefacelift.

But if the board has people who know the system cut-off dates above please advise.

Apologies for the long story for such an obvious matter.

thanks,

I suppose its possible that a facelift front end could be grafted on to pre facelift car but the cost would be prohibitive. If you look at the article I gave a link to, it details many of the other changes also. If the car was advertised as auth facelift then in the event of any problems you would have full recourse under the sale of goods act misrepresentation but that seems fairly unlikely.

thank you very much grober for the advise.
Good to know.

I think I worry too much.

i think the links are both for prefacelift cars as the front grill is the old on both, the front lights have no fins, and the taillights are not the bullet ones.

Anyway the car i saw is definately a post-face, if that matters. [the buttons on the st-wheel are two x 2 oval - not the old rather square plate with 4 buttons, the gear stick new shape, engine new, lights with fins and bullet back, angled bumber with second MB sign on the grill below the star etc...

sorry i thought you tried to show me the diffs !
(did not realise you just linked your cars)

sorry i thought you tried to show me the diffs !
(did not realise you just linked your cars)

Both my cars are pre facelift. The easiest way to tell is the braking system as its normal on facelifted car and its not on pre facelifted. Pre facelifted cars have SBC braking and the pedal makes funny noises occasionally and vibrates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom