Pre-safe limited, run flat tire inoperative, parking break issues, etc - POTENTIAL FIX!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Inodjon

Car
B-Class (W246)
Hi, all

I was having a problem with my B-Class (W246) of “pre-safe limited” as well as plethora of other issues on a dashboard, such as ABS lights, parking break, run flat tire inoperative, etc. Even the steering wheel became stiff and gearbox (automoatic) became inactive. I used Icarsoft MB 3, and it threw about 20 or so issues. One thing that drew my attention in error code was “The CAN line has an open circuit”. This was a clue that made me search internet and I found the following solution:

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2014/MC-10165847-9999.pdf

Basically, it says that one should look at left sidewall in front passenger footwell (left hand drive car) and it gives a photo where to look at. And apparently, this is an issue that many cars have too. There, one should check harness, by opening the car mat, and you will see all sorts of cables there. So, I did as instruction in that PDF attachment, and opened the front passenger footwell (left side) and saw a white connection point (its buried in that foamy stuff). I opened that white connection point by sliding a slider back and then reconnected it. I also opened and reconnected other harnesses in the passenger footwell, just below the fusebox. And, VOILA! The problem was solved. No more single errors and no more pre-safe limited issues!

My theory why this could be a potential weakness in harness, is that when one changes the air filter in the passenger footwell, he may end up pushing the carpet so hard back into its place that it might pull the wires in that area and weaken the connections!

I really hope that this information could be of any use to those in troubleshooting, before shelling out on expensive repairs!

Attachments

• MC-10135646-9999.pdf
    183 KB · Views: 21

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom