Pre safe warning - missing panel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coolhand

Car
C300 A205 Prem Plus AMG Line Night Edition
Hi all,

My car (C class c200 w204) went into the garage because of a warning when I started saying "pre safe non operational"

I was told that they ran a diagnostic on all the pre safe components and a software update was required.

When my car came back, the boot underside interior trim panel was missing as seen in this photo...

image-3882795135.jpg

My question is this, is there any reason this panel needs to be removed in order to run these diagnostics or do the software update?

Cheers,
Luke

You sure there was trim on there before you took your car in?

Mine doesn't have any.

Pretty sure mine doesn't have any trim there either.

I'm 99% certain there isn't any trim under there On any model of Merc

I'm 99% certain there isn't any trim under there On any model of Merc
my s class (w220) a large trim panel here with the hole for the sub in it

Thanks to all who answered my thread, it is correct, the c class does not have a panel here...

... although Merc should have put one there IMHO

Anyway thanks all!

Thanks to all who answered my thread, it is correct, the c class does not have a panel here...

... although Merc should have put one there IMHO

Anyway thanks all!
Maybe an S class might...

C = cheap
E = Expensive
S = Super expensive.

If there was a soundproofing panel there, it would stop the speakers using the boot as a large volume area for good base response.

The s class panel has a 10" cut out to allow the sub to fire into the boot air space.

Dieselman said:
Maybe an S class might... C = cheap E = Expensive S = Super expensive. If there was a soundproofing panel there, it would stop the speakers using the boot as a large volume area for good base response.

Cheers. Bit rude

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom