pre-test-drive test-drive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shude

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK55 AMG
My friend is going to check out a w124 coupé tomorrow. See here for previous thread: http://mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1852&highlight=guide .

He's not driven anything for a couple of years, and the last car he drove was the one he passed his driving test in (corsa or something). I told him to drive mine for a bit so he can get used to driving again and so he doesn't look like a numpty when he goes to test drive the w124!

I wasn't worried about him driving my car for one minute..! ;)

So last night, he drove it...and he liked it :) . I think a 1989 w124 300CE 24 is fairly similar to a 1998 C230k, similar performance, similar size/weight/handling, same controls/dials/levers/pedals etc. He said he doesn't want to drive anything else now, once you go 'Benz, you can't go back!

Letting a friend drive your car is a harrowing experience, although sitting in the passenger seat does make it a lot easier. He was pretty nervous too, but handled it well.

Oh yeah and full marks to DirectLine who insured him to drive it for free :) .

How much is the Coupe going for as a matter of interest?

Originally posted by Sp!ke
How much is the Coupe going for as a matter of interest?
The guy wants £5995 for it. I think that's a little inflated although it LOOKS like a nice car, grey leather, power front seats and a few other nice options. I will take a camera with me so we get some pics for the forum :) .

Originally posted by Shude
Letting a friend drive your car is a harrowing experience, although sitting in the passenger seat does make it a lot easier.

Yes to the first bit but No to the second. I hate being a passenger in my own car. :rolleyes:

Out of sight, out of mind :D

I let a young lady drive mine the other day.:( :(

Daughter of a friend of mine. Car mad and an "Advanced Driving Instructor".:cool: :cool:

She drove me round a country road which they use for Advanced Driver Tests, and made me feel that I was under examination in the passenger seat.:eek: :eek:

Having said that she was an excellent driver and was suitably impressed with my car.:bannana: :bannana:

Weird feeling being passenger in your own car though.:confused:

Price doesn't seem so high as long as its a late one in good condition.

Prefer the mushroom leather myself, the grey always seems rather bland in the coupe's.

24 valvers are bloody quick for a heavy car like that but more prone to failures than the 12 valvers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom