Pre-wired mobile phone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jasonyw

Banned
I have a 2005 W211 but unfortunately do not have a factory fitted pre-wired mobile phone kit.

Will the following parts meet the requirement?

1. Phone adapter MERCEDES-BENZ MOBILE PHONE ADAPTER*NEW*A2038200751 on eBay, also, Mercedes-Benz, Car Parts, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 05-Jun-09 10:02:49 BST)

2. Audio cable MERCEDES-BENZ CLS*E-CLASS AUDIO CABLE*NEW*A2115401632 on eBay, also, Mercedes-Benz, Car Parts, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 14-Jun-09 11:25:21 BST)

I have a phone cradle As New Mercedes Nokia 6220 6230 6230i Phone Cradle on eBay, also, Mobile Phones, Mobile Home Phones (end time 12-Jun-09 21:34:55 BST)

What else do I need to get it to work?

Do I connect the other end of the audio cable to the audio gateway at the boot or to the audio 20?

What is this module? Comand Online Ltd :: Phone Retrofit Kits (MOST/D2B) :: Phone retrofit kit for MOST based cars
The audio cable looks like item 2.
What the other two black cables?
Is the other cable the antenna?

I would appreciate if Alfie would comment on my questions.:dk:

I have a 2005 W211 but unfortunately do not have a factory fitted pre-wired mobile phone kit.

Will the following parts meet the requirement?

1. Phone adapter MERCEDES-BENZ MOBILE PHONE ADAPTER*NEW*A2038200751 on eBay, also, Mercedes-Benz, Car Parts, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 05-Jun-09 10:02:49 BST)

2. Audio cable MERCEDES-BENZ CLS*E-CLASS AUDIO CABLE*NEW*A2115401632 on eBay, also, Mercedes-Benz, Car Parts, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 14-Jun-09 11:25:21 BST)

I have a phone cradle As New Mercedes Nokia 6220 6230 6230i Phone Cradle on eBay, also, Mobile Phones, Mobile Home Phones (end time 12-Jun-09 21:34:55 BST)

What else do I need to get it to work?

Do I connect the other end of the audio cable to the audio gateway at the boot or to the audio 20?

What is this module? Comand Online Ltd :: Phone Retrofit Kits (MOST/D2B) :: Phone retrofit kit for MOST based cars
The audio cable looks like item 2.
What the other two black cables?
Is the other cable the antenna?

I would appreciate if Alfie would comment on my questions.:dk:

I'm afraid the only part on your list that could be useful is the UHI cradle for the 6230i phone, if you intend to use one (or a compatible phone).

I believe the adapter you found is for the older Nokia car kit cradle where you change one part to make it work with 61xx phones that have an internal antenna instead of an external helix.

The wiring kit seems to be for the AGW, connecting the AGW to the front. You would need a phone power harness and fibre to connect the phone controller to the loop. Audio comes via the MOST fibre in your case.

I'd suggest buying the kit you found from Comand Online, you may consider the centre console completer parts (not exactly needed you are going to use BT but you might want to make it like OEM in any case).

Buying Mercedes parts randomly from eBay is much like trying to build a space shuttle by shopping at a supermarket. Sure, you can get a solid booster rocket and a set of landing gear, but that isnt half of it. :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom