Pre wired phone cradles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mbphil

Help!!!!!

Have just bought a second hand 04 C class coupe with the command and pre wired fascility.However the car never came with a phone cradle.The thought of paying £112 for a piece of plastic to sit my phone in leaves me a bit cold.Does anyone know of a cheaper alternative or place where one can be purchased (other than e bay!!)So I can utilise this system.I am pretty flexible to type of phone required however Nokia range would help.

Cheers

mbphil said:
Help!!!!!

Have just bought a second hand 04 C class coupe with the command and pre wired fascility.However the car never came with a phone cradle.The thought of paying £112 for a piece of plastic to sit my phone in leaves me a bit cold.Does anyone know of a cheaper alternative or place where one can be purchased (other than e bay!!)So I can utilise this system.I am pretty flexible to type of phone required however Nokia range would help.

Cheers

Nope , you need to buy the accessory from the dealer. in the scheme of things , whats another £112 when youve just spent over 2k on sat nav and the pre wire? :confused:

I've got a 6310i phone cradle you can have for £30 if you want it. PM me if you are interested.

Paul G

This old chestnut of cradles does amuse me....

MB do sometime make nice cars (I have an '05 model SL350 and my wife an '04 model C-class) but they're light years behind when it comes to phones.

My car came with a Nokia 6310i cradle which went out with the ark (in my opinion) and I really want a cradle that supports a modern business phone like the Sony Ericsson P900/P910. The only cradles that exist (at £110 + vat) are for "older" style phones. To be fair to MB they cost £110 because they are more than just a plastic holder. For each phone there must be some electronics in it to convert and read the phone information and then integrate it with the COMAND - this has to be researched, written and then de-bugged for each phone they bring a cradle out for.

For me it's not so much the cost of the cradle just the fact they don't do one for a single phone I'd want to carry in my pocket when out of the car!

The sensible thing to do would be to copy BMW and offer bluetooth integration from COMAND (and no they don't if you think they do!) that allows you to use the COMAND for the speakers and mike but connect wirelessly to the bluetooth phone in your pocket or on the dashboard. That way any bluetooth compatible phone would work a treat. Instead MB offer a basic form of bluetooth that simply allows you to use a headset - kind of defeats the object of the integrated phone with COMAND if you ask me!

Anyone know if any new cradles are in the pipeline?!

Richard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom