Prefacelift Bumper on Facelift Car.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JohnnyW202

Car
2004 Mercedes E270CDI Elegance Saloon, 2004 C200 Kompressor Estate Avantgarde SE Sport Pack
Hi there, The front bumper on my 1998 W202 was rather nasty, cracked, split etc.

So I purchased another bumper in the same colour off a 1998 C200 Auto Classic the Same as Mine on a R plate, However when the bumper arrive albeit in it great condition it was a prefacelift part.

It does fit, it's but the ends don't seem to be quite flush with the wings and there was nowhere to fix the undertray, which has tooked away underneath quite nicely.

The car looks alot better condition with the new bumper.

But can anyone suggest how to make it fit a little better?

Remove the clamps which hold the plastic bumper guide rails and file down the screw holes to adjust it until it fits flush.

I cant see how an older prefacelift bumper could look good on a facelift car IMO!

i'm guessing he means it looks "tidier" and less trashed than previous :D

as for the undertray, i guess you'll have to come up with something custom, perhaps involving taking that section off your original bumper to help extend fix the tray to the new one ???? hard to tell when i am not completely familiar with that part or it's fixings ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom