Preinstallation For Retrofitting Navigation System A220

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SamSMK

Car
2019 A220
I recently purchased a used 2019 A220 ( It's going to arrive after a month)

I have checked it's VIN and found the following:-

Preinstallation For Retrofitting Navigation System

Pre-Installation For MB-Link Smartphone Integration

Does this mean there is no navigation on it but can be installed? And what about the other one does it mean it does not have an MB-Link?

If it's possible to install them, how?

it also says it has a "Live traffic capability" how is this possible if there is no navigation?

I am not sure... but I would register the car on the Mercedes Me portal, and see if this is something that can be activated (for a fee) online, as opposed to a feature that requires the physical installation of additional hardware. This is for both the navigation the live data.

If you have option 522 then this can take an SD card with navigation data on it. Hence your car is capable of navigation. The live traffic is available once you activate the navigation with an SD card.

If you have option 522 then this can take an SD card with navigation data on it. Hence your car is capable of navigation. The live traffic is available once you activate the navigation with an SD card.

It does not have "option 522" Maybe it has to do with the region I bought it from? I bought it from Canada.
I can DM you the VIN number if you would like to help me.

Does your car have option 355?

As far as I know, with Option 355 the navigation is a Service that needs to be activated via the 'Mercedes me' online portal.

I am not 100% sure though, the only way to know for sure is by registering the car's VIN to yourself on 'Mercedes me' and check what Services are available for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom