Premia solutions insurance - cosmetic damage and alloy damage cover is nothing but a missold product sold alongside new car At Mercedes Maidstone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So you booked and completed the repair before the insurance company approved it? If that is the case then you may not get the response you’re Hopi g for from the Ombudsman.
They had approved the entire claim two weeks prior the repair but sent an email to the contractor 24 hours to instruct the repairer not to repair the scuff bumper without having the decency to engage with me . Very unprofessional practice

Reactions: 219
What is wrong with your car insurance policy?

You would have to declare the claim anyway..and sometimes 2 policies on the same risk cancel each other out, meaning neither pay...

They had approved the entire claim two weeks prior the repair but sent an email to the contractor 24 hours to instruct the repairer not to repair the scuff bumper
So what was the "entire" claim, there was more than just the bumper?

They had approved the entire claim two weeks prior the repair but sent an email to the contractor 24 hours to instruct the repairer not to repair the scuff bumper without having the decency to engage with me . Very unprofessional practice
That’s strange, you would rightly expect them to contact you as the policy holder if the scope of authorised work changes following approval. Entire claim suggests there’s more, what else was being claimed for?

Ultimately when disputes become “legal” it all comes down to reasonableness. Perhaps a photo of the damage may help others to comment and advise, or at least help you calibrate what’s reasonable.

What is wrong with your car insurance policy?

You would have to declare the claim anyway..and sometimes 2 policies on the same risk cancel each other out, meaning neither pay...
They should either agree one or the other pays , or each pay an agreed proportion of the claim .

I'm surprised that the forum admin allow such threads, there's a clear accusation with no evidence to back it up apart from a disgruntled customer.

I'm surprised that the forum admin allow such threads, there's a clear accusation with no evidence to back it up apart from a disgruntled customer.

Agreed, I think you shouldn't be allowed to name a business that you are in dispute with, unless to can share all the relevant info, and offer reasonable evidence to justify your grievance.

Good point - or chrome stripe (if so fitted)...

and there, probably, lies the answer...I'll wager the policy only covers scuffs to painted bits (ie those that can re retouched) - as mentioned earlier

Reactions: 219
Agreed, I think you shouldn't be allowed to name a business that you are in dispute with, unless to can share all the relevant info, and offer reasonable evidence to justify your grievance.
Such posters usually appear, kick up a fuss and leave without contributing anything of value or entertainment.

Perhaps new members should have their first posts moderated before going live?

There were a few GLC crabbing whiners who were prolific for a while on that thread only, never seen now that they have been offered free tyres.

The OP wasn't really in a dispute, he just didn't get the answer he wanted and had a hissy fit over it. I wonder if he has had his hacked firmware yet?
Just realised this was a reply in the wrong thread, I was referring to another new poster on his hacked Carplay firmware thread :wallbash:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom