Premium car hire in Gdansk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

seven

Car
Transporter Kombi
I am having trouble finding a hire company who have something out of the ordinary - C or E class or similar is as far as they go.
We are off for a christening for three days next month and normally I would drive but haven't got the time.
Looking for something exotic - SLS/R8/911 etc.
I am thinking that they may only be available in Warsaw/Krakow.
Anyone got any good ideas or contacts? Polish spoken this end!
Thanks.

Fly to an airport in Germany but close to the Polish border, hire there and drive across?

Long way from Germany (even Berlin) to Gdansk.

See what you mean about lack of availability OP, tried all the usual suspects myself but coming up with nothing. Like you say, probably better off widening your search away from the immediate area.

My one and only visit to the heart of Poland (the Plock oil refinery about 100km from Warsaw) by car (W124 200 diesel taxi) some 10 years ago, the roads were hairy beyond belief.

I recommend an armour plated 4x4.

Charles Morgan said:
My one and only visit to the heart of Poland (the Plock oil refinery about 100km from Warsaw) by car (W124 200 diesel taxi) some 10 years ago, the roads were hairy beyond belief. I recommend an armour plated 4x4.

I'm not having that. There's a dual carriageway there now!!

I flew into Munich on Easter Monday and there were some lovely vehicles in the car hire bays. A brand new Golf R was the first that caught my eye while the BMW M6 looked awesome. Sadly our Seat Leon was a bit of a let down.

Charles Morgan said:
My one and only visit to the heart of Poland (the Plock oil refinery about 100km from Warsaw) by car (W124 200 diesel taxi) some 10 years ago, the roads were hairy beyond belief. I recommend an armour plated 4x4.

I'm Polish and trust me state of roads in UK are much worse then in PL at the moment !!!!

Many thanks! Will give them a try.

I am having trouble finding a hire company who have something out of the ordinary - C or E class or similar is as far as they go.
We are off for a christening for three days next month and normally I would drive but haven't got the time.
Looking for something exotic - SLS/R8/911 etc.
I am thinking that they may only be available in Warsaw/Krakow.
Anyone got any good ideas or contacts? Polish spoken this end!
Thanks.

If you already have a suitable vehicle of your own , but just lack the time to make the road trip yourself , what about hiring a responsible , professional driver to drive your car out there ahead of you ?

Someone like a chauffeur , or maybe there would be a club member of good character and driving record who would be willing and trustworthy to do the trip for you ?

Would no doubt suit a more mature and responsible/trustworthy type person ...

Volunteering?!
Would be cheaper to hire there as it would be about £900 in fuel alone!
Now thinking of flying to Warsaw. Where we are going is only about 100 miles north but I fancied seeing more of the Baltic Coast without having to get back to Warsaw.
The two links from Borys look promising.

Volunteering?!
Would be cheaper to hire there as it would be about £900 in fuel alone!
Now thinking of flying to Warsaw. Where we are going is only about 100 miles north but I fancied seeing more of the Baltic Coast without having to get back to Warsaw.
The two links from Borys look promising.

No , I wasn't :)

I struggle to find spare time to do my own things .

I would like to revisit - last time I visited Gdansk/Sopot/Gydinia was circa 1970 when I went in on a ship .

Pontoneer said:
I would like to revisit - last time I visited Gdansk/Sopot/Gydinia was circa 1970 when I went in on a ship .

It's changed since then!

I thought it might have :)

SLKs and various Porsches advertised for collection at Gdansk airport.

Search "hire porsche gdansk". Saw an SLK for about £600 a week.

Roads are much better these days since Poland regained its freedom and since joining EU. I drove in Gdansk area about nine years ago, roads were just as good (or bad) as here in UK. Driven more recently around Krakow, roads are very good, especially considering the heavy winters they get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom