Premium tyre thoughts on new alloys.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boristheblade

Car
E63 AMG
I've chosen some new alloys for the E63 AMG, going to be fitted in early January.
The company have offered me a choice of 4 premium tyre manufactures to go with them, any thoughts on which you would choose.
I'm currently on Pzero's.
Noname.jpg
1.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:
Looking at the wet performance I’d go for the Contis.

I'm surprised rotalla aren't on that list !!

I've got pilot 4's on my E55 (that's a plural of 4, not a 4S).
Really happy with them...they last as long as you want them to. I've heard got things about the Continentals, but no experience of them.

Looking at the wet performance I’d go for the Contis.
That "wet" rating is for a braking test only, doesn't mean the wet weather handling is any better or not. I've had B rated Falkens with better wet performance than A rated Michelins.

I'm using Goodyear Asymmetric 5s. They're very good. (Blast from the {recent} past for OneForTheRoad: Rotallas might have been better, but I'll never know...)

Another vote for the Michelins.

I would check how much they are charging for a set and compare the price on Black Circles and Camskill. Even if your local fitter puts them on at around £10 -£15 a corner, it may be cheaper getting the bare alloys and buying your own tyres.

You can’t go wrong with that choice, but the Michelin and Cobtinental tyres are the standout choices.

People are evangelical about Michelin Pilot Sport 4S and for good reason. They really are very good tyre.

They perform well in Spring and Autumn too, which means that you can use them for longer before they become compromised.

shame no Goodyear AS5s. I have found them brilliant. Otherwise probably Michelin

On a recentish Tyre Reviews test the Goodyear Eagle F1 Assy5 was neck and neck with the Michelins for a lot less cost.

I'm using Goodyear Asymmetric 5s. They're very good. (Blast from the {recent} past for OneForTheRoad: Rotallas might have been better, but I'll never know...)
I can guarantee you , in the wet you'd of known , if pushed hard .:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom