Pressed aluminum German style number plates..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The only things that are legal about that plate are the size and the font. The background colour, spacing, country ID and pseudo-badges are all illegal, so what's the point of using the Charles Wright 2001 font? Might as well go the whole hog and use FE-Schrift...

I have a set of these on my GTT and have had no problem for the last 4 years.

It really is hit and miss and depends on the local force.

I had set of them on my merc-car looked awsome untill pigs stopped me 245£ fine...

oink oink, snuffle snuffle Im a pig and I've found a truffle!

Also think I saw the M3 the OP on about only yesterday, a white one and last 3 of the index was SSS. 'is this the one OP?', Was on my way in to work so unable to deal with it at the time.

As with the others , these plates are not street legal in the UK , although fine for display at car shows if that sort of thing turns you on .

Dubmeister used to supply ones they claimed to be legal , as far as fonts and spacings were concerned , but white rear plates still not permitted here ; also the two small 'plaquettes' are not permitted , nor would the 'D' be .

Personally , I don't see the harm in them , as long as they are legible and don't misrepresent the registration mark , but the law is the law and a line has to he drawn somewhere , I suppose .

Smelly things, just send the truffle to me, I'll dispose of it safely for you.

I think pigs are wonderful creatures, intelligent, congenial, edible, fond of mud wrestling and very hygenic (when they're not mud-wrestling). Plus when they have been fed on the right diet (acorns, doughnuts, crisps etc) they make great crackling.

Oddly though, they don't work well with truffles.

Who could resist such a beauty - a Middle White:

MIDDLE5.jpg

Last edited:
Personally , I don't see the harm in them , as long as they are legible and don't misrepresent the registration mark , but the law is the law and a line has to he drawn somewhere , I suppose .

I think these days it is more about ensuring the ANPR cameras work properly.

I wonder how effective ANPR is on black and silver style plates - not that there are that many legally displaying them now I imagine.

I'm very happy if ANPR works on my lawful black and silver plates. I would much prefer to be caught speeding by authentic 1972 methods of law enforcement though, as I think that would be in keeping with the character of the car, and historically accurate. :)

Hmm. Yes, well... Even the astradome 'twixt the antennae is correct. So it's a DC4 then! :eek: What do they say about someone who says 'Trust me'?

It's not a DC-7 or a DC-4 Skymaster as they are larger aircraft with a front landing gear.
Lack of the front landing gear makes it the work horse DC-3 or military version C-47 Skytrain/Dakota.

It's not a DC-7 or a DC-4 Skymaster as they are larger aircraft with a front landing gear.
Lack of the front landing gear makes it the work horse DC-3 or military version C-47 Skytrain/Dakota.
The attitude of the aircraft on the ground shows it has a tricycle undercarriage rather than being a taildragger. And as it definitely has four engines (the DC-3 is a twin), I will stick with DC-4 :)

"I never eat a pig cause a pig is a cop"
(House of Pain - Jump Around)

Im sorry, all this pig talk made those lyrics pop into my head...

I'm very happy if ANPR works on my lawful black and silver plates. I would much prefer to be caught speeding by authentic 1972 methods of law enforcement though, as I think that would be in keeping with the character of the car, and historically accurate. :)

Charles we could try this out today if you wish between 1400 and 2200? roll on round the M25 twix junctions 23 and 30 for an hour or so and I'll test it ;) :D

Charles we could try this out today if you wish between 1400 and 2200? roll on round the M25 twix junctions 23 and 30 for an hour or so and I'll test it ;) :D

Oddly enough, I shall be at Glyndebourne watching Don Giovanni. What with a picnic too, I shall be there between exactly the above hours.

When I get my 02 back from its Essex fettle, hopefully in about 10 days.

A GTG on the M25 hard shoulder ??

MODS - move to events section please...:D:D:D

Can't you move a little closer to the A40/M25 junction? I'll wave as I pass by :p

Well had a bad day at the office and missed the GTG on the slab,,,so Charles....Monday? :D:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom