Pressed aluminum German style number plates..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well had a bad day at the office and missed the GTG on the slab,,,so Charles....Monday? :D:D

You're so unreliable. You organise a GTG and then don't turn up. Now where is the "huff" emoticon. :D

I'm very happy if ANPR works on my lawful black and silver plates. I would much prefer to be caught speeding by authentic 1972 methods of law enforcement though, as I think that would be in keeping with the character of the car, and historically accurate. :)

A chance perhaps too for some "wiggle room" ANPR is just so souless.

"A word" from my locals and the fact knowing they would know me/my car again much more effective than an ANPR. I find my local boys and girls have an amazing memory for number plates/cars.
Bikes and bike leathers, helmet design too.

Well had a bad day at the office and missed the GTG on the slab,,,so Charles....Monday? :D:D

Of course to be historically accurate you would have to try and catch me in a police vehicle of the period:

mbimage.php

Last edited:
oink oink, snuffle snuffle Im a pig and I've found a truffle!

Also think I saw the M3 the OP on about only yesterday, a white one and last 3 of the index was SSS. 'is this the one OP?', Was on my way in to work so unable to deal with it at the time.

No, the M3 that I saw was in Chelmsford, was black and had bright xenon angel eyes (On at 11AM in the morning)

I just thought it looked nice.. I have had black and white (Black and silver) plates on my car for 3 months, I had even been sat in front of a traffic car, normal marked car and two traffic cars at the same time.. Still havent been stopped.

I even pulled up next to a traffic officer at a set of lights, I had my windows down and was waiting for him to pull me.. He and his colleague looked the car up and down and said "Very, very nice".. I just drove on.. :confused:

Yet the other day at 8.30AM I got stopped and given a £65 fine.. Told that If I get caught again the car will be Q plated.

Enough to worry me I suppose and ill be taking them off in a few weeks..

I like the look of the German style plates and think that when I have to go back to UK plates I may consider the plates in the OP.. Not sure..

Yet the other day at 8.30AM I got stopped and given a £65 fine.. Told that If I get caught again the car will be Q plated.

Enough to worry me I suppose and ill be taking them off in a few weeks..

I like the look of the German style plates and think that when I have to go back to UK plates I may consider the plates in the OP.. Not sure..

Q-plating a car for this reason is a new one on me, but I can see how it would be a very effective way of dealing with the issue.

You've been lucky to get away with it so far, but if you've been warned about what will happen next time I wouldn't bother waiting a few weeks. Also, don't kid yourself that it's OK to swap one type of illegal plate for another. The sanction will still be same.

... I like the look of the German style plates and think that when I have to go back to UK plates I may consider the plates in the OP.. Not sure..

Ahem. Logic issue here. Are you sure you undersand what "UK plates" means?

I would much prefer to be caught speeding by authentic 1972 methods of law enforcement though, as I think that would be in keeping with the character of the car, and historically accurate. :)

Of course to be historically accurate you would have to try and catch me in a police vehicle of the period

Would this suit you , Charles ?

If you were speeding in Germany of the late 1950's or 1960's . you might find yourself being followed by a Mercedes such as this

ponton611.jpg

There are two synchronised 35mm cameras visible in the top of the windscreen : one takes a photograph of the offending car , while the other records the reading on the large auxiliary speedometer which can be seen atop the front wing .

A generation later might have seen something like this on your tail

IMGP5553.jpg

rtm027.jpg

Then again , I suppose most of us , if we were going to be pulled over , would want it to be one of the following .....

MercedesW123Polizei.jpg

db_420_1a.jpg

w201-1-p01.jpg

s124-1-p01.jpg

122001-polizei.jpg

1-1.jpg

Or even one of the following

367.jpg

2005-Techart-911-Carrera-Police-Car.jpg

Just as long as we didn't have to suffer the indignity of being stopped by one of these
polizei_64.jpg

Mind you , it wasn't always about fast cars and high technology .......

for a while , the Germans tried using cavalry to catch speeders , only it didn't quite work ......

QueenElizabethIIEngland_3.jpg

Last edited:
As with the others , these plates are not street legal in the UK , although fine for display at car shows if that sort of thing turns you on .

Dubmeister used to supply ones they claimed to be legal , as far as fonts and spacings were concerned , but white rear plates still not permitted here ; also the two small 'plaquettes' are not permitted , nor would the 'D' be .

Have they withdrawn them now? We have the UK style Dubmeister plates on both cars, BS marked and driven all over the country and not had any issues.

I don't know - they may still be available ?

Perhaps my choice of wording could have been better , it has been a while since I looked .

A company called polished bliss do them. You'll have to ring them about them though as they aren't on their website yet.
There's a thread on detailing world about it and all the red tape he went through to get them approved

A company called polished bliss do them. You'll have to ring them about them though as they aren't on their website yet.
There's a thread on detailing world about it and all the red tape he went through to get them approved
I'm amazed that they have been approved because they don't meet uk standards!

Anyone interested in buying the road legal ones on detailing world? Going to enquire about a discount for a group buy,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom