Pressure Control Solenoid (W204)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

type-r

I get a erratic idle when the car is stationary and sometimes the engine stalls. Today, I had the EML come on and I have had the code read as:

P0745 - Pressure Control Solenoid “A”
P0749 - Pressure Control Solenoid “A” Intermittent

I had the code cleared but it has re-appeared after about 150 miles of driving. Erratic idle/Stalling still occurs.

Anyone had to replace one of these? Any advice?

Last edited:
A clue as to what engine you have might help.

Anyone experienced this on the m272?

The code above is a generic code not a star code, although I am not sure a star reader would give any more specific details.

Usually once the engine is up to full operating temp, the erratic idle subsides. Is it a matter of replacing the pressure solenoid? Is this located within the gearbox? Why would this pressure control solenoid be causing erratic idle when cold and stalling the car?

Anyone changed a pressure control solenoid? Any ideas on ballpark figure using an indie?

Solved and posting the diagnosis for anyone else who may experience this in future: In the end, the erratic idle was solved by simply doing a ECU update. It looked like the car hadn't been updated in a while and multiple components needing updating. Car runs smooth now.

I am surprised by the lack of advice on this from mbclub members, as I imagine this would have been the first port of call. Anyway, hopefully someone benefits from this in future.

It is difficult to give accurate advice on these kind of issues without having the car plugged in in front of me or anyone else.

Solved and posting the diagnosis for anyone else who may experience this in future: In the end, the erratic idle was solved by simply doing a ECU update. It looked like the car hadn't been updated in a while and multiple components needing updating. Car runs smooth now.

I am surprised by the lack of advice on this from mbclub members, as I imagine this would have been the first port of call. Anyway, hopefully someone benefits from this in future.

So it wasn't just an ECU update, your post isn't helping anyone here as you don't mention the ECU part number,
SW version you were running and the current SW version its been updated to
or the multiple components you have replaced to correct the problem.

Thanks

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom