Pressure monitor valves, battery lifespan?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sgregory124

MB Enthusiast
Car
E63S
Morning all,

Just wondering how long the batteries in the pressure monitoring valves last, if anyone knows?

In the last few days, the car has been reporting low pressure on one corner, which i've corrected, however, after checking the other wheels, some of the readings just don't tally up with what shows on my inflators gauge (out by 4-5 psi on one wheel in particular). I have the car booked in this morning for a puncture check, but i'm beginning to wonder if the valves are starting to report spurious values and are about to expire.

Any ideas?

Car is my C63S and thanks in advance for any advice.

Simon

My w204 2012 still had the originals when I replaced the tyres before sale with no issue's

My w204 2012 still had the originals when I replaced the tyres before sale with no issue's
Good to know, in which case I hope this is just a puncture or my inflator is sh*te. Did worry about a cracked wheel too - which might be a possibility given the potholes where I live ....

I think they only become active when the wheels are rolling. I had 6 on my Landcruiser & OffRoad caravan rig and the batteries lasted to the lifetime I had them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom