Pressure Washer advice needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JLR1969

Car
BMW 530D M Sport
So it's time to buy a new pressure washer as the current one is not working as it should.

I have narrowed it down to two models a Karcher and a Nilfisk

It will mainly be used for the car but on occasion will be used on the patio etc

They are both similar in price, anyone have any comments that would help

Nilfisk PowerGrip D-PG 140 4-9 140 bar 2.4kW

Karcher Premium Home K4

Or any other machines that would be worth considering

Thanks

I have had a Karcher for a no of years now and I cannot fault it in any way.
I see you mention the K4 Home Premium. The K4 Full Control is very similar but cheaper. The Karcher site offers a discount if you send them your email address.

I would go with the Nilfisk; they're not normally associated with domestic products, but they have a long history of professional cleaning machinery.

Which ever one you get make sure you can adjust the pressure, full wack under the wheelarches can cause damage

I have a Nilfisk 130 bar machine, it's been very reliable.

You pays your money ...

I have had a Karcher for a no of years now and I cannot fault it in any way.
I see you mention the K4 Home Premium. The K4 Full Control is very similar but cheaper. The Karcher site offers a discount if you send them your email address.

Full control is cheaper because it doesn't come with the patio cleaner, which the premium does.

After my 3rd Karcher gave up life I've gone for a Nilfisk. Only a 110 I think, plenty of powerful enough for the car, patio, climbing frame, trampoline etc. Its been rock solid for about 5 years now, longer than any of the Karcher models lasted. Perhaps I'm lucky and have been unlucky previously.

Thanks all have decided on a Nilfisk with adjustable pressure via a remote on the trigger

I have had several Nilfisk machines. Only wanted one but lots of problems. However by relaying these to Nilfisk they have completely replaced the machine several times rather than just the faulty part!

I wouldn't buy another Kärcher. They used to be good but sit on their name.Made in China, the pressure switch failed on mine after only about a dozen times using it over a couple of years. Naturally the cost of a replacement part was almost the price of a new one. Same story with a steam cleaner. Cheap heating element corroded and shorted out. Forget this German reliability nonsense, it's a myth .
Now got a cheap Toolzone one from Aldi. Works fine and when it fails I won't feel I've been conned.

I too have abandoned Karcher, two pressure washers just spurting water everywhere and the bayonet connections almost impossible sometimes to free. I bought a Karcher professional carpet cleaner for doing the interior of my cars and within 5 months of very limited use the nozzle cracked open. The UK agent who had sold it to me refused point blank to replace it as it 'was not covered by the warranty'. This was a £300 piece of kit too.

Just bought a Nilfisk pressure washer that seems leagues ahead.

I have had a Nilfisk for a few years now. Not sure what model it was but it came with a hose winder so the hose lives with the unit. No problems except I have had to WD40 the thread the wand hose attaches to. Great little machine that came with a kit of parts including a patio scrubber which I have only used once.

I purchased a nilfisk four years ago after being let down by several karchers.

It gets used every week and occasionally for a weekend cleaning gutters and the patio. It's never failed and still working great.

Only thing I replaced was the naff stiff hose they all come with from new. I purchased a flexible 15m hose which cost the same as I paid for the nilfisk. These hoses are great and stay flexible in the winter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom