pressure washer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A6lns

Car
C250d Amg line estate
hi all hope everyone is having a good xmas just had a new pressure washer for xmas its a vax and i want to get a snow foam lance can't find the adaptor for a vax machine just wondering if anyone can though any light on it
cheers andy

Apparently there is no adaptor available for a Vax machine, though a foam lance with a Lavor adaptor should fit.

Don't buy without checking yourself, but Detailing World would be a good place to research. :)

Ok thanks I will have a look so it's a lavor fitting then didn't no that do you get on with your vax pressure washer ok this is my first one.

A6lns said:
Ok thanks I will have a look so it's a lavor fitting then didn't no that do you get on with your vax pressure washer ok this is my first one.

I've had my powerwash 2200w for nearly 2 years and so far it's been very good. It gets used every few weeks to clean the cars and I've had no problems with it.

I wouldn't spend the money on a foam lance if I was to do it all again. The foam is so messy, and the effect is no better than just pump spraying some dilute pre-cleaner. It felt like a good idea at the time, but the novelty has well and truly worn off now!

Yeah I'm just looking at YouTube on snow foam I agree they are messy thinking off getting some pro valet pre wash and trying it in a spaying bottle like you said do you think that will be ok

The beauty of snow foaming via a lance is that at least its quick.

Check anything you use is pH neutral, as otherwise you'll strip off your wax as efficiently as the Kosovans at your local swirl-wash.

Lavor adapter available here: Lavor Adapter for Pressure Washer Adapter-Lavor

Yeah I'm going to use valet pro citrus pre-wash going to try a spray bottle or could I try using it feeding though my pressure washer or is that not a good idea

Yeah I'm going to use valet pro citrus pre-wash going to try a spray bottle or could I try using it feeding though my pressure washer or is that not a good idea

Spray the Pre-wash over the car with the bottle, leave it to dwell and then pressure wash it off mate. It's great stuff and you don't need a foam lance. :thumb:

Cheers everyone just ordered some online will be here tomorrow be tying it out with new pressure washer at weekend

Gave up on mine too. Doesn't really clean the car. Good mitt, grit catcher, bucket, and quality shampoo always better.

Sadly, not all snow foams are equal. Try Bilt Hamber Auto Foam, it has superb cleaning power but doesn't produce the theatre of a fragrant whipped cream topping. Bear in mind snow foaming is a no-touch pre-cleaning solution for a mildly dirty car. Don't expect a one-stop showroom shine solution to a day's off-roading.

The blurb on their website doesn't use the phrase "pH-neutral", all it says is:

"auto-foam is made with biodegradable compounds, is extraordinarily tough on soil and grime, yet harmless to paint, its non-caustic formulation ensures that even regular use will not attack paint binders. Our hard working surfactants will attack and penetrate the hardest of road dirt and grime, without the need for manual intervention."

It is my go-to snow foam. All I know is my carnauba wax continues to bead as well as it did before application. That may sound like a somewhat fanboyish statement but all I know is Bilt Hamber Laboratories products are based firmly in science and this British company is held in extremely high regard throughout the detailing industry. There are plenty of endorsements to be found on the Web.

A6lns said:
At last cleaned car with new pressure washer Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks good. Did you use a pre wash?

Yeah pro valet in spray bottle

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom