Pressure washer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fireman Tam

Car
W205 250D Premium in white
Afternoon, my first post (other than my hello in the newbie section) so not sure if it should be here or in the detailing section.

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations as to what pressure washer would be good for washing the car with the option of getting a snow foam lance as an add on? On the subject of a snow foam lance again what would you go for as a novice on the detailing of a car?

Also would be handy if it could clean the patio!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The K Series Karcher units are very good. I have been using one for years now - I good patio cleaner and foam lance and your set

You can get some good deals from their Factory shop website too

I'm a nilfisk fan personally as my old Karchers use to break after 2 years, but think they are better built now. But my nilfisk e140 has been going for about 5/6 years.

Also keep an eye on Lidl and Aldi, for the money those seem to be pretty good.

Another vote for Karcher here .

However , if your moniker alludes to what you do , can't you just get the hose reel jet off the back of the pump and use that ? :D

Flow rate is everything. The more the flow rate the better cleaning power.

I have a Nilfisk P-150 2 Extra. It has a lethal turbo lance and comes with an excellent patio cleaner.
I've owned it for 5-6 years and it really is an excellent machine.

LINK.

Another vote for Karcher here .

However , if your moniker alludes to what you do , can't you just get the hose reel jet off the back of the pump and use that ? :D

I very good. Only on a part time basis pal. Hose reel jets are on the side.:bannana:

Thanks for the input though. Wondered about the Karcher K4?

Nilfisk. Karchers just aren't durable enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Check hose lengths too. I got one of the K5 Pro series and the hose isn't anywhere near as long as I'd like. Granted I have been using an old WAP commercial one, but still didn't compare to what I'm used to practicality wise.

The pressure and usability of the K5 is fantastic though

I very good. Only on a part time basis pal. Hose reel jets are on the side.:bannana:

Thanks for the input though. Wondered about the Karcher K4?

K4 looks a good machine , mine is an older model , still going strong after many years ; before that I had a KEW ( they became Nilfisk/Alto ) but it packed in after about 10 years .

HRJ's are generally right at the back , on each side :D

Check hose lengths too. I got one of the K5 Pro series and the hose isn't anywhere near as long as I'd like. Granted I have been using an old WAP commercial one, but still didn't compare to what I'm used to practicality wise.

The pressure and usability of the K5 is fantastic though

Most of the 'domestic' ones come with a relatively short hose , but you can buy an extension .

Although I bought an extension for cleaning the paving around the house without dragging the machine everywhere , I find the standard length enough for working around a car .

Flow rate is everything. The more the flow rate the better cleaning power.

I have a Nilfisk P-150 2 Extra. It has a lethal turbo lance and comes with an excellent patio cleaner.
I've owned it for 5-6 years and it really is an excellent machine.

LINK.

I also have a Nilfisk and for the same reasons as above, though mine's a slightly smaller version. Had it for a similar length of time and had to replace the high pressure hose though this was down to my lack of care in stowing it.

Most of the 'domestic' ones come with a relatively short hose , but you can buy an extension .

Although I bought an extension for cleaning the paving around the house without dragging the machine everywhere , I find the standard length enough for working around a car .

I actually didn't know you can get extensions, thanks!

The K4 has an aluminium pump, the K2 a plastic one ! Depends upon how long you want it to last. The higher operating pressure for the K4 means it is better if you need it to clean larger areas such as drives / patios. My K3 model has just expired due to pump failure ( a plastic one ) so am thinking of buying a K4 which has a longer warranty

I read this wondering how much there is to know about the subject of spray washers. How wrong I was and how pleased I am. This forum is always a source of information I never knew I wanted to know. :D

I need mine to be kid friendly too - so when they spray it they don't end up in next doors garden.

By coincidence

I'm after a replacement hose after my 10m one split following many years of service (always prefer a really long hose so there's no faffing around when washing the two cars, patio, paths etc.) I had to make do with the 4m that came with my old ryobi / homelite unit yesterday

A thrilling Sunday morning on tinternet follows

Where's that thread on being old......?

By coincidence

I'm after a replacement hose after my 10m one split following many years of service (always prefer a really long hose so there's no faffing around when washing the two cars, patio, paths etc.) I had to make do with the 4m that came with my old ryobi / homelite unit yesterday

A thrilling Sunday morning on tinternet follows

Where's that thread on being old......?

B&Q do hose kits with adaptors for different makes , lances too .

had to replace the high pressure hose though this was down to my lack of care in stowing it.

Me too, but it was because I didn't lubricate when assembling.
The hose was ok, but the O-ring had perished, and this caused a leak in the trigger handle, but I couldn't get the hose off, so had to cut it off. :doh:

B&Q do hose kits with adaptors for different makes , lances too .

That's where i ended up

Job jobbed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom