Pressure Washers - What shampoo to use ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jahewitt

Car
ML280 & BMW 335i conv'
Has anyone got a pressure washer - a Karcher or similar ?

I was wondering what shampoo you add - I want a really foamy one ? any ideas ?

Also where do you get it from ?

thanks

I don't like using pressure washers on my car...... you shouldn't really need to , other than to blast the mud from under the wheelarches ....

IMHO it does more harm than good to the bodywork , just use a good car shampoo ( Zymol for example ) , warm water, not hot as you will melt the wax on the car ;) and give it a good wash with a lambswool mitt and then hose off and leather .....

Have you seen the water cutting jet on 'American Chopper' , it cuts through steel with a water jet with abrasive grit mixed in, basically you will have a small version of this if you have a significant amount of dirt on your car ....

Keep the pressure washer for the patio .... you won't regret it ....

EDIT : i presume you mean its for the car, as you haven't stated it

Pressure washer

I use the pressure washer just to wet the car and to rinse it again after washing. In between it's soapy sponge time

Vey useful for cleaning glass, wheels, wheelarches and rubber trim, though. Oh, and bird sh1t. I don't want to know what the seagulls here eat but the results aren't pretty!

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

bolide said:
I use the pressure washer just to wet the car and to rinse it again after washing. In between it's soapy sponge time

Vey useful for cleaning glass, wheels, wheelarches and rubber trim, though. Oh, and bird sh1t. I don't want to know what the seagulls here eat but the results aren't pretty!

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

Ditto. :)

Howard said:
give it a good wash with a lambswool mitt and then hose off and leather .....

Totally agree, but have a 'rinse' bucket for the lamswool mitt. Apply the soapy wash, rinse the mitt in fresh water to wash out any 'crud' then emerse the mitt into the soapy wax.

Don't like using a pressure washer.

When cleaning off seagull plib plobs, don't bite your finger nails right afterwards :)

John

jet washer

I went to an amc wash - they jet washed mine - paint peeled off rear bumper- wouldnt use em again :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom