Pressure washing - doors open or closed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What, on gods green earth

Annoys me though that he missed a spot on the bonnet

I bought that Sonax stuff a few days ago (after reading rave review for it on here) for my fresh paint job and I've not reached that level of beading yet, but it's certainly not far off.

Always avoided "exotic" car care products, thinking it's just marketing fluff, but I'm genuinely impressed with the Sonax BSD. Even the bottle feels quality.

[YOUTUBE HD][/YOUTUBE HD]
What, on gods green earth

Annoys me though that he missed a spot on the bonnet

Lol - first video is me

With my poor technique I wasn't sure if I should keep my doors OPEN as in the second video :D

There's two idiots, otherwise the bloke with the camera would have stopped him............

It's been on you tube for almost 5 years with no one proving it fake.

Russ

I don't mean fake...just that he isn't doing it without knowing what he is doing.

I bought that Sonax stuff a few days ago (after reading rave review for it on here) for my fresh paint job and I've not reached that level of beading yet, but it's certainly not far off.

Always avoided "exotic" car care products, thinking it's just marketing fluff, but I'm genuinely impressed with the Sonax BSD. Even the bottle feels quality.

+1 Same. Went on with ease and I guess the best thing was it polished up with no marks or residue. Beading was also impressive with very fine rain building up a quite surreal uniform plane of tiny water drops - soon as I pulled away the lot just rolled away!

It's been posted on here when it first appeared on Youtube & I commented that I used to see the same thing happening on a daily basis when I looked out of my office window in the late 80's through to the mid 90's.

A large valeting, carphone, car alarm & audio fitting centre in Birmingham whose name escapes me now. It was on the corner of Fleet Street & Summer Row & they did it exactly like the guy, doors open, blasting the interior, but also engine compartment (with the engine running), boot / hatch & tailgate on estates. They said it was steam cleaning, but to me it looked like a pressure washer to me as they also used the same lance on the exterior. They'd then spent ages wet vac'ing the interior & load area before leaving the doors open, engine running, heaters & blowers on full and finally bringing the car inside the unit and finish drying with warm air blowers.

Remember almost all the interior back then were fabric, so I'd imagine soggy bums when the owner picked the cars up, but the guys assured me that it'd be 100% dry. I never used their valeting service, but our firm used them to fit car phones and I had them sort an alarm issue.

The cars in for a full valet were dropped off the car in the morning & picked it up when the finished work. Several colleagues who had a full valet all had high praise for them. One had his 300TE 124 estate with beige cloth seats done because his kid had been sick on the back seat and his wife ordered him to sort it or get rid as she couldn't drive the car with that smell. £90 later and his then 5 year old car had an interior that looked like the day they bought it and smelt like new too.

Even back then I thought it was a crazy thing to do.

I too remember watching this video, when it first popped up.

My thoughts at a time were: Albanian or Yugoslavian mafia, stolen Italian car, perhaps from a rival drug dealer, etc.

Nowadays, with people doing ever more idiotic stuff, just to get in the news, I'm incline to think: idiots seeking publicity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom