'prestige' C43

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

timk

Car
VW Passat Alltrack, E39 BMW M5, Mercedes C55 AMG Wagon
Am I alone in being irritated by people who describe cars as being in 'prestige' condition?!?!

Right Car Solutions : C43 AMG A Prestige Example !

I know they mean 'pristine' btw, but it would probably stop me from going to view the car, knowing that the seller was a complete pillock...

I have lost count of the time that i have viewed cars where the description are just fantasy "show room condition" "immaculate" "spotless" even "best example you will find" is usually just a ploy to get you to view the car.

I only view the best cars (in my price range) i am realistic about what i can afford and look for the best examples people who lie don't get my money, but there are genuine people out there trouble is it's difficult to tell who's who over the phone.

I Know it not exactly the post you started but thanks for giving me the opportunity to have a rant

Horrible wheels on that car.

Towbar on an AMG?

Its riding very high for a C43, towbar will have cut bumper £££

Last edited:
Towbar on an AMG?
Was the C43 saloon type-approved for towing? If not the towbar is illegal (this is a 1999 car, and type approval is required from 1/8/98 registration onwards).

I can't stand people who write ads and can't write a sentence properly! Grrr

"a rare car only 1043 of this vehicles has been ever made"

Was the C43 saloon type-approved for towing? If not the towbar is illegal (this is a 1999 car, and type approval is required from 1/8/98 registration onwards).

Im sure its the same as any W202 apart from the bumper size...?

The manual is very explicit - "Towing is not permitted in C43".

I'm sure the gearbox loved it..

Reach and rake on the steering column?

Isn't it group 20, not 19?

The stance is terrible - looks like an ML43.

Looks like its been owned, pimped and is being sold by another failure of our education system. He was probably one of those kids who got 'deferred success' at school. Maybe he'll get lucky and one of his peers will be daft enough to buy it. Really don't like those wheels or grill though - shame.

My pet hate in adverts is when they tell you how they would 'bring' an item rather than buy it.

e.g. 'When I brought the car last year...'

Hehe, I get like that here at work over "made an order" vs "placed an order". It's a battle I'm losing..

No mileage, number of owners? Why not have that kind of information as it will deinfately be asked by whoever calls.

No mileage

1330276-9.jpg

;)

Don't mind the grille so much, but hate the wheels!

At least its another for sale advert I can keep handy for the insurance claim on my slightly shorter than standard C43...

My pet hate in adverts is when they tell you how they would 'bring' an item rather than buy it.

e.g. 'When I brought the car last year...'

The entire advert reads like one of those tests you see in the papers when they advertise for proof readers, as in 'spot the deliberate mistakes'. If i was really ****, I'd go to the effort of counting them, but there are far too many.......

:) ok, well I should have been more specific, it's not in the advert text. How's that for a save;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom