'prestige' C43

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks like it's on steroids! Defo a drug dealers car then.....;)

:) ok, well I should have been more specific, it's not in the advert text. How's that for a save;)

Not really - it's on the top of the page, next to the price, and shows up in the search results. Just the way PH does it - although obviously it's desirable to put it in the text as well, in case someone misses it :D

Looks like it's on steroids! Defo a drug dealers car then.....;)

Not just a drug dealers car, a Welsh drug dealers car. The ad actually reads slightly better if you say it in a Welsh Gavin n Stacey type accent...:) 'That's prestige that is....'

I'm not anti Welsh btw

Hi,
Saw this car recently and have to agree on the wheels, they are just horrible on a black car, though i do think they would look better on a silver car, though only marginally.
Have to disagree with the ride hieght being high on the rear, take a look at the pic of mine, and this is with 142,000 miles on the suspension, doesn,t look much difference in hieght does it?

Attachments

• PA220003.JPG
    PA220003.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 59
The orignal link C43 looks like its American spec with that height.

Yours (the rear) looks a tad higher than some other C43's ive seen aswell Andy...? have your springs ever been replaced with 'Sport' spec ones? my non C43 is riding roughly the same as yours wouldn't you say? HERE

Last edited:
The orignal link C43 looks like its American spec with that height.

Yours (the rear) looks a tad higher than some other C43's ive seen aswell Andy...? have your springs ever been replaced with 'Sport' spec ones? my non C43 is riding roughly the same as yours wouldn't you say? HERE

Must admit yours does look a similar hieght to mine, though me and Bobby have parked our cars next to each other and we reckon mine is lower than his though only slightly on the rear and more noticably on the front, and his has done about 70,000 miles, That pic was taken 3-4 weeks ago. I have now replaced the springs and shocks, original MB Springs with Bilstein B8's front and rear, it doesn,t seem to appear to of changed ride height on the rear though the front I think is slightly higher.
Karl i believe all C43's were "Sport" spec, are you sure the American spec 43 had a higher ride hieght? as i have never seen any reference to this on the EPC.
Is yours on Sport springs? have you changed your spring pads?

Last edited:
Not really - it's on the top of the page, next to the price, and shows up in the search results. Just the way PH does it - although obviously it's desirable to put it in the text as well, in case someone misses it :D

:doh: Busted, I'll get my coat........

Don't actually have any suitable side aspect photos to hand of my ride height at the back, but from your photo it looks pretty similar.

Front34-1.jpg

Karl i believe all C43's were "Sport" spec, are you sure the American spec 43 had a higher ride hieght? as i have never seen any reference to this on the EPC.
Is yours on Sport springs? have you changed your spring pads?

All C43s are 'Sport' spec,with regard to the trim levels etc (Sport being the W202 'Avantgarde' spec)
According to my manual the kerb heights of the various W202s are:

C43 AMG - 1,387mm
Sport - 1,395mm
Elegance- 1,418mm

Mine are still on orignal rear springs...

As for US spec C43s, I cant find the specs, but its been mentioned on club202.com many times, here are some pictures:

P1000692c.jpg

100_0206.jpg

31249250003_large.jpg

500x_C4C_Exotic_C43.jpg

As you can see they are all suitable to take part in the Paris to Dakar rally :)

I agree Karl those US 43's do look very high and as you It isn,t mentioned in the EPC.
I,ll take a pic of mine tomorrow with the new springs and shocks on it and post it would like opinions on wether its higher or not.

Having driven around California and Nevada, I know why they're so high. Whilst I really missed my car while I was out there (instead I got 'the mobmobile' in my holiday vid below) I wouldn't want to drive it on some of their "roads" - made me appreciate ours slightly more, what with their huge trenches and random "dips" that launch you into the air at 60..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8-swdaW3mY

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom