Pretenders Vs Experts a big thanks to PCS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flango

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes SLK R171
As some of you probably know I have been suffering with an intermittent misfire on the CLK, despite my best efforts to rectify I couldn't find the root cause of the issue and it went beyond my diagnostic capability or knowledge. So I ventured to some of the so called Indies in and around Yorkshire, It soon became clear they had less of a clue than I did and it may be one thing having STAR but knowing how to use it is something else completely.

Having eventually being p*ssed off by these pretenders I decided it was time to bite the bullet and if there is one guy I totally respect on this forum for his knowledge of the Marque its Olly down at Prestige Car Service in Horndean, which unfortunately is 231 miles from me :mad: However after a chat to Olly I decided to take the car down to him. I was away on a business trip the following week so Olly could have the car, hopefully sort the misfire and attend to a few other jobs I needed doing at the same time.

Well long story short, I picked the car up from Olly yesterday and drove it back home every inch of the way with a big grin on my face , the car has not driven that well for years it is though it's a complete new car new lease of life and ready to be driven how it's supposed to be driven.

Olly had the faults diagnosed quickly and accurately replacing the components and curing the car of its faults, someone with STAR who really knows what they are doing not pretending. It was worth the 231 mile drive each way and the two Virgin train journey's I had to endure just to have the car back to its full health.

I now have nothing but even more respect for Olly, Jack and Natasha down at PCS one of the best outfits I've ever visited and I was in the trade for over 20 years.

All I can say is if you want your car looked after by someone who really knows what they are doing then Olly and the team are the outfit you need.

Thanks guys, your attention to detail, honesty and friendliness are a credit to your business and long may it prosper :thumb:

Nothing new there.... PCS has been maintaining an excellent standard for YEARS!!!

Hip hip hooray!!

OP. Did you by chance try Jason and Roger in Bradford.

Good to hear the car is now sorted.

OP. Did you by chance try Jason and Roger in Bradford.

Good to hear the car is now sorted.

No I don't know them but I do work in Bradford

Owners both have CLKs, as their 3rd (treat) car.

Surely if they are any good they will be a Prestige Car Service garage just based around the corner from Arnold Laver on Canal Road. ;)

Ask to speak to Jason. If he is busy try Graham. Both ex Charles Sidney.

what was the cause of the miss fire? And PCS will be getting my business to in the future too.

what was the cause of the miss fire? And PCS will be getting my business to in the future too.

It was an intermittent failing MAF. I can't speak highly enough of PCS very impressed and I can see why they have such a fantastic reputation.

Well following on from Olly's excellent work I thought I better get some of the cosmetics done. So me only being a dabbler in the detailing world I thought on this occasion I would get the professionals in. A few snaps below.

20160425_155829_zpshwepamgd.jpg

20160425_155844_zpsuun5hhn1.jpg

20160425_155923_zpsw1stwhoo.jpg

20160425_155903_zpsbbflazx0.jpg

20160425_160018_zpsbl4xoht4.jpg

20160425_155321_zpsklvilp2z.jpg

Nearly ready for Benz on the Green, just need to get the wheels refurbed now.

Last edited:
Car looks nice :thumb:

You need to do the MAF mod where it is moved closer to the throttle body....I did it on my previous C230K and it smoothed out things a bit.

If you want I can send you a pdf copy of the mod with the parts required.

Attachments

• DSC01345 MAF.jpg
    DSC01345 MAF.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Car looks nice :thumb:

You need to do the MAF mod where it is moved closer to the throttle body....I did it on my previous C230K and it smoothed out things a bit.

If you want I can send you a pdf copy of the mod with the parts required.

Thanks for that and thanks for the offer of the MAF relocation guide. I'll take you up on that and I'll ask Olly to do it when the car goes back for service and MOT later this year.

Nearly ready for Benz on the Green, just need to get the wheels refurbed now.
Car looks great, Ian.

Looking forward to meeting up at last - just over two weeks to go now.

Hope the weather perks up :crazy:

Car looks great, Ian.

Looking forward to meeting up at last - just over two weeks to go now.

Hope the weather perks up :crazy:

Thanks we have had all the seasons in one day here snow this morning then it brightened up and was sunny then high winds followed by heavy rain. Fine now with a beautiful sunset. Let's hope We get sun kissed for Benz on the green.

Looking forward to meeting up too.

flango said:
Thanks we have had all the seasons in one day here snow this morning then it brightened up and was sunny then high winds followed by heavy rain. Fine now with a beautiful sunset. Let's hope We get sun kissed for Benz on the green. Looking forward to meeting up too.

Today I had snow, thunder, torrential rain and hailstone. Definitely a strange one today

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom