Preventative measures?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hillbillybenz

Car
Cls 320 cdi
Feel free to shoot me down or tell me it's been done before but as I gear up to change my car this week I find myself searching for tips on how to avoid common issues with the car in the future. For example correct 7g maintenance, rust prevention on mid 00's mercs and oil sludge in 320 cdi engine.
I know scanning Google can bring the info up but it's often a bit of a drag Plus I'm sure there Are issues that I don't even know exist that I could avoid if there was an area of threads devoted to it that could be browsed
:thumb: :dk: or :fail

An audi forum I use has a buyers guide, which is very informative. It just explains what to look out for, years and mileage ,belts water pumps, timing belts chains etc should be changed, dsg gear box problems, door windows dropping and closing , the list goes on, it's a very good idea

Model specific buying tips/problems on individual threads. A pretty good idea BUT it would take the collective will of the forum to contribute and the Admin to set up. I guess the thing to do would be to ask Admin about the possibility about setting up Common Problems or Buyers Guides for each range (e.g. A, B, C etc); what to look out for and hope the members propagate the threads with their hard earned experiences and wisdom. It would also need contributors to be disciplined to show, for example, the model designation e.g. W638, W639 as the title or rely on the Mods/Admin to monitor and correct but that adds work for them……..they are volunteers I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom