prewired reverse camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rom1

Car
Mercedes c220d cabriolet
I removed my command unit to install a no holes phone bracket and noticed a green plug connected with a black wire coming off it.

I thought this is the Fakra connector for reverse camera.

I do not have reverse camera, so does this mean it is prewired to the boot?

Apart from stripping boot lid panel is there a way to check/confirm?

I do have media connector in glove box and comand plays dvds when parked, also have nav and bluetooth, but no signs of reverse camera thats why I cant work out why the green connector s pluged in?

Any help appriciated

Thanks Rom

Last edited:
W204 NTG4 the same input is used for Media Interface video or for Reversing camera. Once Reversing Camera is enabled it becomes the RCAM input

(NB, on NTG2.5 its the TV or Media Interface Video, and on NTG4-W212 or NTG4.5 there are then separate inputs for MI and RCAM)

R

So If I was to install a rev camera and run the wires from tailgate to back of the comand unit, would I disconnect the green plug and plug in the camera wire?

If I did that would something stop working?

I have 2 plugs a blue and black with nothing connected to them on back of comand

You would code the COMAND for RCAM, remove existing green fakra and plug in camera.

You will lose the video-aux function of the Media Interface - which almost no one uses as it is not a video-ipod function.

Cheers

Richard

Sorry to jump in on this thread but if his Comand already has a green video input and its for the media interface but not for an iPod, how would you use it to display video on the comand screen? Secondly is this the same case for a 2012 CLS with the media interface? (I haven't removed the comand yet to have a look but was hoping this would save me a job!)

You use the 3.5mm input lead for the Media Interface, that supports left + right + composite video on a 4 way 3.5mm lead. You then select Video AUX on the COMAND (from the Video menu). Same is true on NTG4.5, i.e yes to your 2012 CLS.

You can plug in an iPod via that AUX. But of course you can't then have any control of the iPod, the Media Interface is being used in 'AUX' mode rather than iPod or USB mode.

This has become confuzing, In a non complicated way.
1) fit rev cam run wire to comand, remove existing green plug, plug in rev cam.

Now is there anything that will not function as before.

If it helps I don't use the connections in glove box, as I use the pcmcia card for music. and discs if passengers want to bring there own music.

If you do not use Media Interface Video (and as you don't use any of the media interface connections, you do not use Media Interface Video) then there is no loss of functions as far as you are concerned.

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom