Price £££

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gl boy

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes ML 350 , E220 cabriolet Amg premium plus , Porsche 968 sports
Been quoted £165 for a full detailing in my Sl , is this a reasonable price , something a friend recommended to me and it's his friend whom will do the job at my home address ,,, thanks , any Input welcome

Without knowing exactly what your detailer is going to do to your car, it's difficult to know whether £165 is good value or not.
Some extensive detailing involving paint correction can take days, so I would assume you will get a snow foam wash, clay bar treatment, bad swirls machine polished out, polished , waxed and sealed and the inside thoroughly cleaned using good quality products.
Whatever you get done it's well worth it if the car hasn't been deep cleaned in a while.

snow foam wash, clay bar treatment, bad swirls machine polished out, polished , waxed and sealed and the inside thoroughly cleaned using good quality products.

That sounds like good value to me for £165.

Its usually £35 p/hour (average) just for correction. You need to question exactly what you'll get for your money.

lordlee said:
Its usually £35 p/hour (average) just for correction. You need to question exactly what you'll get for your money.

£35 an hour is mega cheap for detailing unless it's a couple of days job. For a one stage correction and claying and then the polish wax etc about £75 an hour

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Thanks guys for your input , think ill check with my friend what the man will be doing for £165 , , I hadn't got a clue on pricing , but actually thought ouccchhhhh when my mate told me the cost

It's easy to confuse valeting with detailing, especially if you're a valeter.

It's easy to confuse valeting with detailing, especially if you're a valeter.

Lollll , my mate did say to me about him getting out all the swirly type marks and making it look show room condition :rolleyes:

snow foam wash, clay bar treatment, bad swirls machine polished out, polished , waxed and sealed and the inside thoroughly cleaned using good quality products.

That sounds like good value to me for £165.
Well i'm no detailer, just an enthusiast, and this would take me the best part of two days to do. If it was done to my fussy standards i would be happy to pay this :cool:

Mine is due to go in for a paint correction, full detail and ceramic coating on the 11th of August. He will have the car for a full 5 days! 3 days for the full detail incl paint correction and 2 days to for the ceramic coating, incl time for curing.
The detailing alone is costing £300, which I thought was an excellent price, having had a look at his previous work, time & effort involved and the use of high end products.
Would definitely seek clarification on what you are getting for your money.

I would expect a paint detail to cost a lot more than that. Post some pics when its done????

Hi. I use aspect valeting to do my detail work. Normally costs around £400 for a detail and correction but it's great because they come to you. [email protected] are excellent. Car Valet | Boat Valeting | Mobile Valet Services | Portsmouth, Gosport, Fareham, Hampshire | Aspect Valeting - Aspect Valeting

Thats ok if you have a dust free environment for him to work in alas we dont all have this luxury.
£165 sounds reasonable for a detail but a lot for a valet! As said check what he plans to do stage by stage.

Tony.

Never trust a price from a detailer if they quote without seeing the car they will be working on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom