Price list for new 2012 M-class W166 available

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Userml

Hello,
I have received price list for new W166 M-class today:rock:. I don't see that available yet on main MB UK website so I share with you. I must say I am well impressed by the fact that many things are going under standard hood where in rest of Europe they are optional and expensive.
Sadly there are few options missing like winter package/parking heater which I would love to have. Unless it will come later.
Links for download are HERE as MBClub restrict file to 100kb only.
Thanks

Thanks for that. Stange it's not on the MB website - there's already a COMAND upgrade offer shown.

Still plenty of options to choose from. No mention of the heated and cooled cupholders I've seen in US reviews though!

Last edited:
thanks for sharing that, makes for interesting reading - quite pricey for what it is with the spec I'd want similar to the GL as it is it's looking not too far from £70k..... for an ML? No thanks!

Will wait for a new GL if the prices don't change much come ML launch.

What I can't understand is why Cup holder - temperature-controlled is not in conjunction with Keyless-Go. I am sure you could have two of them from german engineering point of view :D unless there is some new "regulations" which prevent that to happen.

Thanks Userml -good info before goes onto the MB website.

Fuel economy is remarkable, turning circle a bit more than current model (11.8 instead of 11.6), running boards extra, sadly Alcantara seems to have gone (used for Sports seats on current model and much used on millionaires yachts), fuel tank reduced hugely but bigger one available as an extra, really good reduction in CO2 and hence in VED.

Choose leather and you lose the sports seats. Why? And no picture of what seats you get instead.

For those who like to go off road, and for winter use, it is a pity there is no 18 inch wheel option with narrower but deeper tyres -better grip in mud and snow and far less susceptible to damage on rutted roads and when parking near kerbs!

Last edited:
My dad commented on these, he currently has an ML as a stop gap car bewteen what he really wants...

His would have been £45 to 50K new, and there is no chance he would pay that. Simply not the quality it should be,

I guess once again there must be some great finance deals or lease deals around.

I remember Chester Mercedes having a GL up for £499 a month. A huge amount of car that is losing more than that a month...

My dad commented on these, he currently has an ML as a stop gap car bewteen what he really wants...

His would have been £45 to 50K new, and there is no chance he would pay that. Simply not the quality it should be,

I guess once again there must be some great finance deals or lease deals around.

I remember Chester Mercedes having a GL up for £499 a month. A huge amount of car that is losing more than that a month...

I think the quality is great. The V6 diesel is the quietest most refined diesel you could imagine. The interior finish (especially on the Sport is excellent IMO). The ride is way better than any 4x4 has a right to expect. Can't fault mine.

On the GL deals, most are ex vat. And don't forget the deposit. (Divide the deposit by 3 and add to the payments to get an approx annual cost -or look over the full 3 years). Every time I have done the sums on the MB deals for PCP's or contract hire inc vat, they come out no cheaper than owning. Not a lot in it. And of course if you buy nearly new, or 1-2 years old as I have done, you can beat the deals hands down.

Last edited:
What I can't understand is why Cup holder - temperature-controlled is not in conjunction with Keyless-Go. I am sure you could have two of them from german engineering point of view :D unless there is some new "regulations" which prevent that to happen.

I searched for that and didn't see it - apparently it was going to be standard in the US and MB held early cars while they removed it! Last thing I can see on a US forum is that it's not being fitted at all due to lack of availability. Same applies to Xenon lights.

The reason stated in the US forum for excluding heated cupholders with KeylessGo is that a couple of early customers threw their key fob into the cupholder when getting into their car with the heating element on by accident. The fob was damaged by the heat. The feature was not idiot proof enough and MB doesn't feel like having to replace hundreds of fobs on warranty.

For those who like to go off road, and for winter use, it is a pity there is no 18 inch wheel option with narrower but deeper tyres -better grip in mud and snow and far less susceptible to damage on rutted roads and when parking near kerbs!

Absolutely - I drove a GMC Acadia in the US on 18" 65 section tyres and it looked and felt like it would drive over anything! Tyres get massively more expensive with each step up in diameter too.

was not idiot proof enough

Haha, that made me laugh :thumb:
Now all that make sense. I don't intend to jump on buyers wagon this April so hopefully there will be few options/packages added later this later. Maybe MB wil conclude that there are not many idiots in UK ;)

The GL's have tended to be much better equipped than ML. Things like leather and COMAND as standard etc.

I'd like a new ML, and I'd like to load it with options, but the depreciation doesn't bear thinking about. I tend to keep cars for quite a long time, but as they end up close to worthless I'm not sure that's a good idea. Spend £55K on an ML that's worth £5K at 10years and it's cost you a lot each year. And that's without thinking about warranty/service/maint costs.

I'll be keeping an eye on the PCP / lease deals.

The GL's have tended to be much better equipped than ML. Things like leather and COMAND as standard etc.

I'd like a new ML, and I'd like to load it with options, but the depreciation doesn't bear thinking about. I tend to keep cars for quite a long time, but as they end up close to worthless I'm not sure that's a good idea. Spend £55K on an ML that's worth £5K at 10years and it's cost you a lot each year. And that's without thinking about warranty/service/maint costs.

I'll be keeping an eye on the PCP / lease deals.

Try the numbers buying 18 months old as I did, and then keep it for a reasonable time and the depreciation is then much, much better.

Try the numbers buying 18 months old as I did, and then keep it for a reasonable time and the depreciation is then much, much better.

Well, that's what I've done with my current car, but it's still probably depreciated £3K/yr, although it would have been £5K/yr if I'd bought new.

At £3K/yr (plus the things I mentioned earlier) I could have leased one for not much more. At £5K/yr I'd almost certainly be better leasing. I'd prefer to own from new - all the other cars in our household were bought new.

Mine will really come into its own, cost-wise, now - but I'm pretty nervous about running a 7yr old MB!

Frlight321 said:
Hi got a ml 250 Amg sport on order get it end of April

Hi welcome and congrats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom