Price Of a Registration Plate ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

petef

Car
Mercedes 200C
Whats the market like for private registrations ? I have a plate for sale with Elite registrations D8 ERA ...its up for ( I think three grand ) is this a realistic price ? ( Christmas looming and all that ) ...It was up for 7 grand originally but my wife reduced a month ago...any commenbts gladly recieved...even the "what ya on ! ...its only worth 300 quid" .. comments..
Many thanks:)

Whats the market like for private registrations ? I have a plate for sale with Elite registrations D8 ERA ...its up for ( I think three grand ) is this a realistic price ? ( Christmas looming and all that ) ...It was up for 7 grand originally but my wife reduced a month ago...any commenbts gladly recieved...even the "what ya on ! ...its only worth 300 quid" .. comments..
Many thanks:)

Well, the plate at £7k sounds a bit "D8 ERA" :rolleyes: than you'd expect for that combination. £3k might be too, but I guess it depends on how much someone is willing to pay. I was looking at F1 RJG on DVLA site at £1300

£3k does sound like a lot of money. I doubt the market is particularly active at the moment.

I don't get it , what is it meant to say ?

£7 grand !! :eek:

Mine was valued at £7k a few years ago , and that is a proper ageless plate with a good letter / number combination.

Wouldn't have though that D8 ERA would be worth much more than a grand personally.

Is it supposed to represent DEBRA? Its probably not worth as much as £3k but then again if it finds the right buyer then maybe.

My plate (in my avatar) is valued at £7k too. I bet I couldn't sell it privately for half that amount :)

As has been pointed out selling plates for good money is dependent upon the right person absolutely wanting it at the right time.

On two occasions in the dim and distant past, I was offerred a huge (for me) amount of money for the plate on my car and I declined.

I reckon mine would sell quickly even at the moment - as demand outstrips supply for the particular combination of letter - but would be at a much more modest price than dealers would value it at.

Whilst I've bought a few, I've only ever sold one - and that was one I bought to speculate on. Having advertised it a handful of times I had a last go before holding on to it for a while. It sold late on a Friday night within minutes of being listed on ebay. Friday night drinking is a sellers friend!! :D

what sort of fees do they charge?

i paid £500 for mine but thats the most id ever spend unless it was the 1 plate S1 ANS (my daughters name) then id get outbid but id bid high

for £7k or even £3k id want 3 numbers then 3 letters or the other way around with no prefix/suffix

At the last DVLA auction 49 DEB made £3264 and DEB 55S made £1741 so perhaps yours is somewhere in between?

I doubt it would fetch more than a grand, especially at the moment.

I would not think that the market is strong at all at the moment.

although I can see what it says..."D8 ERA" it sounds way too much at 7K and even 3K sounds steep as its not obvious?

Its like anything though if some one out there wants it they may pay but its finding that person

DEB 596 is up for £5500 and I reckon if you found the actually buyer you could get a good price. If was paying that sort of money I would want a 3 * 3 plate to be honest.

My own plate (well one of them) C2BER could be worth some pennies after all C1BER is asking £27K and C7BER for £11K

Again accademic if no-one is prepared to pay it. I buiy plates as I like them, use them on our cars and enjoy them. THey sometimes go up in value (great) but I've yet only sold two and they were very early ones I had on my first cars.

Try E-Bay with a reserve to test the market?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom