price of catalytic converter for a w210? Any good third party ones?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car
none
price of catalytic converter for a w210 from merc? Any good aftermarket ones?

I've seen this fairly good w210 e220 cdi online with 216,000km on the odo, about 4000 gbp (from Indian rupees) and i'm guessing this has been changed, and the guy says that the vehicle's never been tampered and i'm hopeful that he has the car well maintained, since he's a politician... and politicians are rich. But I want to replace it just in case. BTW, any aftermarket ones, just as good and less expensive?

Last edited:
Catalytic convertors are intrinsically quite expensive things; mostly because of the precious metals they're doped with.

You pay a bit more to have a free-flowing design ("sports cat" etc), but mostly they're all very similar inside; cordierite monolith with a doping fluid poured over it.

I would just buy the best value one and not worry about having a three-pointed star embossed on it (unless you are looking to improve performance without affecting emissions).

I've seen this fairly good w210 e220 cdi online with 216,000km on the odo, about 4000 gbp (from Indian rupees) and i'm guessing this has been changed, and the guy says that the vehicle's never been tampered and i'm hopeful that he has the car well maintained, since he's a politician... and politicians are rich. But I want to replace it just in case. BTW, any aftermarket ones, just as good and less expensive?

4K seems very expensive for a 210.

If it is a diesel there is no need to change the cat. At that age it won't have any mechanism to detect whether it is working or not

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

just got one for slk with 3 warranty under £100 trade with fitting kit included from eurocarparts

Well, in India, i've noticed that the price is almost exactly double that of the cost in, say the U.K and the U.S. And also, i'm planning to bargain

Any photos?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom