Price of parts W124 Ebay .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

optimusprime

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes W124 260E M103
This must be wrong .But i see this every day . I know the sellers do put a high price on the listing when they run out . This is not one of them...Item number is 292490026976 And the price is £247 for a set of ht leads . I would want an engine to go with this . Seller is AP Motor Store a big seller on ebay .plug.jpg But one i will stay clear of ..

Sellers prey on the fact that so many people are scared to even ask at the dealers for a price and fully believe eBay, etc, are always cheaper.

'If it's that much on eBay, just imagine how much it is at the the stealers?'

stwat 50% of the sellers on ebay are robbers .It is the normal thing what ever you buy to-day. Looking for 1 mudflap on ebay after replacing the wing .I found a pair in the packaging at £100 just for a pair. And new ht leads at £250 for the w124 i would want the whole engine for that and everything on it .

stwat 50% of the sellers on ebay are robbers .It is the normal thing what ever you buy to-day. Looking for 1 mudflap on ebay after replacing the wing .I found a pair in the packaging at £100 just for a pair. And new ht leads at £250 for the w124 i would want the whole engine for that and everything on it .

£100 for a pair of new Original 124 flaps isn't bad,I sold them for more

Can you get some sliding clips dash...?

Well if i could find better looking flaps i would remove all 4 of them , i think they are rubbish . And not as nice looking as the ones fitted with the saco panels . But as they are original mud flaps i need to replace them .Well in my case one .Sellers on ebay pick them up for a song or even left in the boots of the scrap car in breakers yards bought to replace but never were fitted . But it is a get rich world we live in . Like the guy selling nothing but mercedes tool kits at £300 to £400 a set .They have , well most all of them, come from breakers yards after the car was scrapped . So now i know it wont end here, so bring it on back >>>>>

Sellers put an unfeasibly high price on listings that only bloody fools would pay when they run out of stock (rather than cancel the listing) so they do not lose their prominence in ebay's search results. When fresh stock arrives they will lower the price to the normal selling price.

That's all.

Don't have any spare but you can buy universal ones on ebay

Is it worth waiting till you get some...?

I just don't do universal on the old girl - I'm sorry. :(

neilrr i know about the price change when the seller runs out of stock . But next time your on ebay take a look at AP Motor Store listings .

Add to that "Everybody wants a bargain" and the "Will you give it me for free routine" and it then becomes a problem. I'm not having a go at you Trevor its a generalized statement.. as you know I had been trying to sell some alloy wheels that I had for some time. I had 3 calls for them.

Call 1/ "And will you take something off the price to help me buy centre caps and bolts" In his reply he said that he was working loads meaning he had money, so needless to say he was told no.. (Bolts Full Set £20 notes / Centre Caps £6 quid)

Call/2 And "I notice that there are no tyres on them, would you put a set on them for me please?" I pointed out that I wasn't a tyre fitter and that was the way I bought them...never heard from him again..

Call/3 SOLD!

But it never fails to amaze me the audacity of todays people " Don't ask, Don't get - but get offended when the seller say "No" "

Dave i have never been like that .I see the price, i pay the price, thats if i like the item .I have sold items for the woman next door as i said her hubby is no longer with us .The garage was well stocked with builders tools and as he used to service other peoples cars -garage tools. And i get this every time .I have to come 15 miles for it can you knock a little off for petrol ,,, errrr no sorry.. I put a electric shopper in for her .She said it was £500 3 years ago i only want£200 .Well it was on the site for 2 weeks .No reply so i said i would drop it to £175 . Chap sent me an email and said would i take £100 for it because it had no arm rests. So you know what i told him to do . Dave i have never asked for a little off anything i have purchased with no qurstions asked. .Dont know why but i never have .Ho sorry once i did .As we had moved in to this bungalow from my mobile home in the WyreForrest after 20 years . And it was very nice place to live , and both the wife and i had escaped the hum drum life in the Black Country .Well the mibile had fitted everything .On the move to the bungalow i had to buy bed -well everything . At the shop i gave the salesman
£600 cash for this bed And i thought , try him for a pair of pillows .Just a wast of time asking. My luck Dave, if i won a ballon in a contest ,as the string holding it was put in my hand it would burst with a bang. Still should not complain .Life as been good to me Just had our 50 years in confinment to-gether me and the other half [war depot] wife bless her .

I often make an offer on the basis that most sellers (of cars at least) don't expect to - and won't - get their full asking price. That said, though, if the offer is refused, if I think whatever it is is fairly priced I will then pay the asking price.

Do you really think that trade sellers on Ebay USUALLY don't expect to get their full asking price? I usually feel too embarrassed to "make an offer".

I once bought a push bike, (not off Ebay,) and gave the bloke MORE than he was asking for! (and still felt that I was robbing him!)

LGO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom