Price reduction on MB extended warranty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raspy

Car
2015 C350e PP - Torque Monster
I have been paying £43 a month on a rolling contract for MB extended warranty on my 2015 C350e (I can cancel at any time)

Their underwriters have reviewed the warranty products by each class of MB car and I got told this morning over the phone that my warranty is actually going down in price from this month, down to £40 a month.

No change to the warranty cover or terms and conditions, just a price reduction (I'm guessing that the underwriters found fewer or cheaper claims than expected, hence they can cut the price of the policy)

I was curious how much it would cost if I switched from paying monthly to paying upfront for a 12 month or 24 month warranty, and they quoted;
£419 for 12 months (£34.92 per month)
£713 for 24 months (£29.71 per month)

Not a bad deal if one has the cash available to pay upfront. However, the MB warranty is only valid if I keep getting my car serviced at MB dealers, but that's cool with me. I've just saved around £700-800 because my thermostat got replaced under this warranty.

I was reading the policy terms again, and the warranty covers me in Europe too, should I take my car over to the continent for a holiday.

I just thought I would see how much it would be for the same cover with Warrantywise (choosing garage labour rate of £150 per hour inc. VAT, putting in a repair limit of £10,000 as the MB warranty covers claims up to the market value of the car) and with zero excess (as again, that's what the MB warranty offers)

It's coming out at £102.44 a month! Even if I change it to £100 excess and a repair limit of £1,000, it's still £62.64 a month, which is over 50% more than the MB warranty.

Last edited:
Great news.

Your car has the M274 engine, and the thermostats on these engines are prone to premature failure - Indies are obviously cheaper than dealers, but you'll still be looking at ~£300. So good call getting it done under warranty.

Do you also have the Mercedes-Benz Service Care Plan to cover the cost of servicing?

Great news.

Your car has the M274 engine, and the thermostats on these engines are prone to premature failure - Indies are obviously cheaper than dealers, but you'll still be looking at ~£300.

Do you also have the Mercedes-Benz Service Care Plan to cover the cost of servicing?
@markjay Yes, it's weird to see prices come down, especially since I just made a claim! Never taken the service plan out, because I never intended to keep the car very long (stop gap car until I switch to an EV) but might look into that.

I’ve never heard of that happening before.

I recently bought a warranty and paid for 2 years up front, I wonder whether they will be sending me a little something…

@markjay Yes, it's weird to see prices come down, especially since I just made a claim! Never taken the service plan out, because I never intended to keep the car very long (stop gap car until I switch to an EV) but might look into that.

Well its for a minimum of 2 services, so even if you take it out just before the next service, you'll still be committed for just over a year. They do refund you the difference if you sell the car before all services were used, though.

I realize the CPO warranty kicks in after the factory 4 year/50,000 mile warranty expires. If you hit the 50,000 miles before the 4 years is up, how does Mercedes know this? How do they know the date the CPO warranty starts/factory warranty ends? How would they know when I hit 50,000 miles without my informing them?

I realize the CPO warranty kicks Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox in after the factory 4 year/50,000 mile warranty expires. If you hit the 50,000 miles before the 4 years is up, how does Mercedes know this? How do they know the date the CPO warranty starts/factory warranty ends? How would they know when I hit 50,000 miles without my informing them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom