Pricing advice needed E350

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Thanks David. Ive taken your and others advice so will put the reg on retention now and sell later separately. The car I can sell now once thats done, on its original 61 plate. I think I have a good number of nights at hospital while my boy rests and gets stronger to sell the reg separately. Thanks again - Mark

Thanks Monkey Legend, that shows a price of £7140 on the site, so maybe my thoughts around 7.5 are about right. Appreciate your help. Regards - Mark

That would seem to be a bargain at £7.5 to be honest. I would be inclined to go higher than that, maybe £7995 and see what response you get.

That would seem to be a bargain at £7.5 to be honest. I would be inclined to go higher than that, maybe £7995 and see what response you get.

Thank Monkeylegend, its a case of needs must at this point, but I agree. Its a car I'd happyily buy if I didn't own it already :) . I know whoever ultimately owns it will be thrilled and later in 2020 I can return to the MB fold. Thanks again - Regards - Mark

Looks nice - would buy it myself were it possible! LOL

Looks nice - would buy it myself were it possible! LOL

Thanks Gollom (first time I've ever typed that as an intro :) )

I just renewed tax online so speaking to DVLA, it takes a few days for the reg transfer system to catch up, however I should be able to list the car later next week on its original 61 plate (thanks for the input re that to the forum). Time is tight but I will happily list it then on this site only for a few days before either heading to WBAC or Ebay (Ive actually had very positive experiences on Ebay both buying and selling things (not cars)), Id rather not but time is tight, not desperate but tight).

Firstly, best wishes for your son and your wife and hope all the surgery has the best outcomes.

Regarding selling the car, if WBAC are offering £7,140 then by the time they've noted the bumper and door ding they'll reduce their price down to £6,750 or less as that's their business model.

Regarding a private sale, like @Monkeylegend I'd be inclined to pitch it nearer to £8k and be satisfied to let it go for a bit less if needed to get the deal done. I'd put it up for £7,895 so it lists above all the rest of the £7,995 ads though ;)

Time is tight but I will happily list it then on this site only for a few days before either heading to WBAC or Ebay
Personally, for what it costs, I'd take a few good pictures of the car, write a decent ad and put it on Autotrader now if time is of the essence.

Firstly, best wishes for your son and your wife and hope all the surgery has the best outcomes.

Regarding selling the car, if WBAC are offering £7,140 then by the time they've noted the bumper and door ding they'll reduce their price down to £6,750 or less as that's their business model.

Regarding a private sale, like @Monkeylegend I'd be inclined to pitch it nearer to £8k and be satisfied to let it go for a bit less if needed to get the deal done. I'd put it up for £7,895 so it lists above all the rest of the £7,995 ads though ;)

Thank you st13phil, sound advice from you and the other members. Ill list it at that and with the normal flexibility, I and the purchaser both get a fair deal. Thank you also for your best wishes. Kind regards - Mark

Thanks Eddy, from your and Davids advice I'm going to put the reg on to a retention certificate. Hopefully the registration goes back to the previous one as I still have the plates. Great to hear of your friends progress, thank you.

It should revert back to the old number. It’s worth keeping your plate as it’s truly dateless and 123 is a desirable number combo.

I wish your son well. As I say, great success for my buddy and his donor is fine too. Oddly the donor was his wife. What were the chances of a match?! Amazing!

keep well!

I have an W212 E350 and my dad has one that's a year newer with 100k less miles, so I'm aware of the price ranges. If it needs no work, I agree at 7995 and perhaps accept a lower offer of £7500?

Much love and best of luck with your son and wife!

It should revert back to the old number. It’s worth keeping your plate as it’s truly dateless and 123 is a desirable number combo.

I wish your son well. As I say, great success for my buddy and his donor is fine too. Oddly the donor was his wife. What were the chances of a match?! Amazing!

keep well!

Thanks Eddy, great advice and thank you for the inspiration. In tough times we are actually in a very fortunate position with my wife being a 100% match. lots of ups and downs to come no doubt, but thats life and it doesn't take more than a second seeing challenges other families have in hospital to realise that whilst difficult, there is sadly always someone going through a lot tougher time than us. Best to you - Mark

I have an W212 E350 and my dad has one that's a year newer with 100k less miles, so I'm aware of the price ranges. If it needs no work, I agree at 7995 and perhaps accept a lower offer of £7500?

Much love and best of luck with your son and wife!

Thank you so much. Sounds good advice. The car was/is my keeper so it needs for nothing, hence I think you're right 7.5 seems right for both parties to get a fair deal. Again, thank you for taking the time to respond. Best - Mark

Firstly we pray that all goes well for your family and gives both people a quick recovery.
My wife has the same car, same year with 10k less on the clock. It’s again been ultimately reliable and really in wonderful condition. Actually, it’s genuinely been the best all rounder car we’ve ever owned.
I’m looking to possibly trade it it for a W213 350d and the dealer in Edinburgh has offered me £7500 for it. So ,hold at around £8k , you should get that.

Firstly we pray that all goes well for your family and gives both people a quick recovery.
My wife has the same car, same year with 10k less on the clock. It’s again been ultimately reliable and really in wonderful condition. Actually, it’s genuinely been the best all rounder car we’ve ever owned.
I’m looking to possibly trade it it for a W213 350d and the dealer in Edinburgh has offered me £7500 for it. So ,hold at around £8k , you should get that.

Thank you HB. They are a great car and glad your wife had the same experience as me. Your pricing sounds right, but time wise I guess I will have to dip to get it sold slightly quicker than normal, which I guess PX prices always factor in. Thank you for the input, very helpful and thank you. Best - Mark

Hi again,

Actually, I am looking on auto trader for an edition 125 sport E350 with your milage, and it seems to demand a bit of a premium. Lots of them are estates, which pushes the price up, but the saloons are more expensive too.

For example, this is listed at £9995 and is down as a 'high price' by auto trader, and you can see that it's a trade seller, but it's also not the most sellable colour: Auto Trader logo

So, I'd take the plate off yours and list for £8450! Then you can take lower offers, if you wish.

Cheers,

Hi again,

Actually, I am looking on auto trader for an edition 125 sport E350 with your milage, and it seems to demand a bit of a premium. Lots of them are estates, which pushes the price up, but the saloons are more expensive too.

For example, this is listed at £9995 and is down as a 'high price' by auto trader, and you can see that it's a trade seller, but it's also not the most sellable colour: Auto Trader logo

So, I'd take the plate off yours and list for £8450! Then you can take lower offers, if you wish.

Cheers,

Thank you TeddyRuxpin, I must say I was very confused with the High/low/above average etc pricing tag on Autotrader. I may have not looked closely enough but it seemed to have some weird anomalies. I think your guidance is right, but as I have removed the plate and need to sell in the next two weeks hopefully pricing it 8k with anticipation of a sale at 7.5k would look about right ? as always its only applicable if someone is in the market for whats being sold but you advice, my situation leads me to that conclusion, lets see how it goes. Off tomorrow to wash and polish :) thanks again for your help and input. Best - Mark

Do you have any photos available?

Hi SPX, Not tonight but planning to have the car cleaned tomorrow ready to sell so can happily post them here then. As said and in appreciation of all the helpful input on the forum happy to offer it here for a few days before advertising elsewhere within the constraints I have, e.g. needing to sell in the next couple of weeks at a realistic price for all parties. Clearly the car will be available for inspection, testing etc to ensure any buyer is fully comfortable and confident in their purchase. Sorry to be a bit vague, however, on a bit of a rollercoaster at the moment. Best regards - Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom