Pricing advice needed E350

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you need a quick sale, try Jay at Mercland, a sponsor on this site

Home

Hi SPX, Not tonight but planning to have the car cleaned tomorrow ready to sell so can happily post them here then. As said and in appreciation of all the helpful input on the forum happy to offer it here for a few days before advertising elsewhere within the constraints I have, e.g. needing to sell in the next couple of weeks at a realistic price for all parties. Clearly the car will be available for inspection, testing etc to ensure any buyer is fully comfortable and confident in their purchase. Sorry to be a bit vague, however, on a bit of a rollercoaster at the moment. Best regards - Mark
All the best with the sale and with your family.

I would have been interested in buying it as a fleet car for my business but ideally they need to be 4cyl or below but I’m sure you’ll not struggle to sell at the price you’re looking for...

All the best with the sale and with your family.

I would have been interested in buying it as a fleet car for my business but ideally they need to be 4cyl or below but I’m sure you’ll not struggle to sell at the price you’re looking for...

Thank you SPX, I appreciate you taking the time to advise and comment. Best regards - Mark

Glad you've found good advice here, Mark, and you will have the additional value of the plates, even if they take a while to sell. The retention certificate is no space taker! If you are shy of 30 posts needed to advertise here when you're ready, I'm sure Karl @KillerHERTZ will help you out.

Good luck with everything and wishing your son and wife a speedy recovery and great health.

Thanks Mike. Thank you to the members for all the help. I transferred the number off today which was as easy as suggested.

That was going to be my next question as I understand the rules for posting (and agree with them so wouldnt wish to try and circumvent them without the Mods permission) so will contact Karl to see if I can list here this weekend. My thoughts were in appreciation of the help from the site I would offer the car at £7.5k and if there are no takers then list it on Autotrader etc for £7995. Both prices I feel represent a fair deal for all.

Again thank you to everyone for the help, support and good wishes.

Kind regards - Mark

Glad you've found good advice here, Mark, and you will have the additional value of the plates, even if they take a while to sell. The retention certificate is no space taker! If you are shy of 30 posts needed to advertise here when you're ready, I'm sure Karl @KillerHERTZ will help you out.

Good luck with everything and wishing your son and wife a speedy recovery and great health.

Hi Mike, sorry to be so IT illiterate :) is there a link I can contact Karl on direct? I did click the hashtag but couldn't see for looking. Thanks - Mark

Hi Mike, sorry to be so IT illiterate :) is there a link I can contact Karl on direct? I did click the hashtag but couldn't see for looking. Thanks - Mark
Mark

Use the "Report" button on the bottom of a posting as that will go to Admin which is picked up by Karl

If you had the requisite number of posts the link would allow you to start a convesationwith Karl but until then you need to contact Admin as per the "Report" button. :)

T
Mark

Use the "Report" button on the bottom of a posting as that will go to Admin which is picked up by Karl

If you had the requisite number of posts the link would allow you to start a convesationwith Karl but until then you need to contact Admin as per the "Report" button. :)

Thanks Mike.

Apart from the report button my post should have gained his attention, but you will probably have reached 30 posts before long!

Agree on trying Mercland, I bought an ML from them and sold it back for cash 12 months later ( only as not getting used enough ) got a very reasonable price and got a reply from Jay within a couple of hours of my initial enquiry asking if they might be interested. No stressing over getting paid. It even threw a warning light up on the way there , turned out to be a Wheel Sensor but Jay did not deduct anything to cover the cost of sorting the problem, a real gentleman !

Agree on trying Mercland, I bought an ML from them and sold it back for cash 12 months later ( only as not getting used enough ) got a very reasonable price and got a reply from Jay within a couple of hours of my initial enquiry asking if they might be interested. No stressing over getting paid. It even threw a warning light up on the way there , turned out to be a Wheel Sensor but Jay did not deduct anything to cover the cost of sorting the problem, a real gentleman !

Thanks Smart320, thats a second good recommendation for Mercland and happy to go that route. That said, I've used the resources of you the members, the platform provided so will offer it here first, then if its not of interest will certainly speak with Jay before selling elsewhere if needed. Thank you for taking the time for your suggestions. Best regards - Mark

Hi All, just a quick question. I have transferred the reg on the car and reinstated the original 61 plate. Clearly the various systems have updated to allow this. I was just wanting to check if the VOSA system will update for the MOT ? clearly the MOT certificate I have from last week has the previous reg and thus far when I do an online check for the original 61 plate it doesn't recognised the reg. I assume (always a bad thing to do :)) that the systems will sync at some point or do I need to go back to the MOT centre and get a reprint in the "new" reg? Many thanks - Mark

Not sure that comes under the valid reasons to have an MOT certificate changed. There are clear records of the plate change on Government systems so I do not foresee this being a problem.

Getting an MOT

Not sure that comes under the valid reasons to have an MOT certificate changed. There are clear records of the plate change on Government systems so I do not foresee this being a problem.

Getting an MOT
Thanks. That makes sense. The MOT certificate does have the vehicle ID on it and there is a clear audit trail and documentation so shouldn't be an issue and I'm sure this isn't the first time someone has taken a registration off a car with an existing MOT, just wanted to see if there was anything I needed to do. Thanks again for the reply. Regards - Mark

The records will change to reflect the original reg being put on in due course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom