Primacy 4 or Efficient Grip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Graham7

Car
C220 CDI
Hi All,

I recently bought a 2013 (63) W204 SE and it came from the dealer with cheapo tyres all round. The rears are about half worn and the fronts brand new. I can't remember offhand what makes they are except to say that I've never heard of them.

Sometime in the near future I will be looking to change them and have all the same tyres on all four wheels. I've been scanning the internet and came up with two possible choices and would love to hear anyone's thoughts on them. They are;

Michelin Primacy 4

Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance 2

I don't drive the car hard and only do about 6000 miles a year but am looking for economy, comfort and low road noise. (As is everyone)

I'd appreciate any advice on either tyre.

Thanks guys.

I have used efficient grip performance tyres for years on the wife's car, not had any issues with them. Noise and grip is good but the characteristics on different cars can vary.

I have had real trouble wearing out the Goodyear EF on my E class , sadly though my tyre budget may be Nexen N’Fera next :)

Hi,

I have had Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance on two E Classes and they have been great.
Good economy, comfortable, low noise and great grip combined with low wear.

Michelins are good too -- I have them on the rear of my C Class. They tend to be more expensive to buy though

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies Guys. Efficient Grips look the way to go judging by what you've said. I had them on a Volvo S60 about ten years ago and liked them then and that's why I thought about them now. 👍 👍

I have had real trouble wearing out the Goodyear EF on my E class , sadly though my tyre budget may be Nexen N’Fera next :)
I had Nexen N'Fera on my Focus and can't say a bad thing about them to be honest.

I had Nexen N'Fera on my Focus and can't say a bad thing about them to be honest.
I know , I put them on the rear of the CLK a couple of months ago . The added advantage I can get them for £62 each from Tyreleader or Camskill in the E class sizes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom