Primary cats replaced with sports cats Mot issue ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Optimus prime

Car
car
Guys,

If you already have your secondary cats deleted will replacing the primaries with sports cats cause an mot issue or eml?

Thanks

no eml just get the sportscats hot as poss and make sure good quality cats

give paul at eurocharge or acid at msl both will fit some good quality items

gasman2 said:
give paul at eurocharge or acid at msl both will fit some good quality items

Paul is closer does he also do MOT's ?

I had my old system fully done. Secondaries deleted and primaries replaced with sports cats (200 cell) done by EMP via eurocharged. Passed the MOT on emissions no problem.

eurocharged have a place a few units down that do MOTs but as stated you will be fine especially if you get them warmed up before testing.

Have you thought anymore on the system you are going for?

I had my old system fully done. Secondaries deleted and primaries replaced with sports cats (200 cell) done by EMP via eurocharged. Passed the MOT on emissions no problem.

eurocharged have a place a few units down that do MOTs but as stated you will be fine especially if you get them warmed up before testing.

Have you thought anymore on the system you are going for?

EMP did my secondary cat delete & x pipe, however when I mentioned the primary change to sports cat they mentioned possible MOT emissions problems and maybe an eml without a remap:confused::confused:

Just trying to get a little more sound from my E63 W212 6.2

Only other suggestion if you are not keen to would be to try different back boxes or open them up.

Only other suggestion if you are not keen to would be to try different back boxes or open them up.

Yes looked at that thought about fitting C63 back boxes but it has never been done :confused: Other route of getting new boxes is fine but concerned about resonance or booming when cruising? All a bit of a gamble as nobody seems to mess with the E63 exhausts unlike the C :(

Did you speak to Acid about the valved IPE exhaust that he fitted to Jimmy's sc E63?

c_200k said:
Did you speak to Acid about the valved IPE exhaust that he fitted to Jimmy's sc E63?

No but I think I found the system online elsewhere however the £3k supply & fit costs are out of my price range

Yes looked at that thought about fitting C63 back boxes but it has never been done :confused: Other route of getting new boxes is fine but concerned about resonance or booming when cruising? All a bit of a gamble as nobody seems to mess with the E63 exhausts unlike the C :(

It's a hard one when no one else has done it. Only consolation if it is not to your liking you can re sell back boxes on and revert back to original set up.

Good luck in your search

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom