Prime Gear - Amazon looking at selling cars ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LTD

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Polo GTi (and a travel pass for the train and subway)
OK, we now know that the three amigos are now contracted to Amazon to make a car series :thumb:

From previous Amazon Prime series, it is evident that they have the ability to produce some good programmes and their budget doesn't seem to be on a shoe-string. It is only widely known that their programmes are amongst the most popular to be 'pirated' on the internet.

Is the signing of Clarkson, Hammond and May merely a front for a move into car retailing ?

Is the signing of Clarkson, Hammond and May merely a front for a move into car retailing ?

Nah.

It's a headline move to create content and draw customers to Amazon's media services - and they'll calculate they can sell on said content to traditional broadcasters.

It's a funny old game. The beeb dropped Ripper Street, so Amazon took it on and filmed a new series. And have now sold it to the BBC:dk:

I see, cheers for the info.

Whilst I enjoy watching top gear from time to time, I'm not willing to pay £70 odd pounds a year to sign up to Amazon Prime just to watch it.

Amazon selling cars…

Will it arrive the day after purchase by drone? If anything, it could be a Marketplace strategy.

It's a funny old game. The beeb dropped Ripper Street, so Amazon took it on and filmed a new series. And have now sold it to the BBC:dk:

Also the programme you will see on BBC has been cropped to fit the time slot, all the episodes on Amazon prime are an hour plus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom