PRIMO PLC Multi-vehicle Insurance Policies. Adding a young driver to the policy.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
Like most people that own several vehicles I used to insure each one individually.

I had my S210, Omega Elite and Sprinter and was reasonably content with the premiums and cover.

The cost for insuring these vehicles fully comprehensive was:

S210 320CDI £550.00
Omega Elite Estate 3.0ltr 24V V6 £400.00
Sprinter 313CDI LWB £480.00

Then came a turning point. Young Ringway (Les) was approaching his 17th birthday and naturally wanted to learn to drive.

Obviously we had a lot of sky-high quotations for small engined teen-mobiles and something had to be done to reduce the premiums.

So I decided to call PRIMO PLC whose details I found on this very forum.

PRIMO offered quotes for young Ringway that were a lot cheaper than any we had previously had. Indeed, a lot of companies wouldn't insure a 17 year old at all.

So we bought a 1995 Golf 1.6CL for Les to learn to drive in. I'm pretty sure this car was cheaper to insure than a Fiat Punto 1.1 because it seems that certain vehicles are "profiled" and because a lot of youngsters drive 1.1 Punto's, a lot of 1.1 Punto's are involved in accidents, so alarm bells ring about insuring this type of car.

From the outset, I made it clear to PRIMO that although I’d be using the Golf occasionally; the prime reason for buying it was to teach Les to drive
So, the Golf is insured in my name with Les as a named driver.

There is no “fronting” involved and whilst learning on the policy Les actually builds up his own bonus, and if he has an accident my bonus is not affected.

Using the PRIMO multi-vehicle policy the cost involved insuring the vehicles for myself only to drive with fully comprehensive cover is:

S210 320CDI
Omega Elite Estate 3.0ltr 24V V6
Sprinter 313CDI LWB
Golf 1.6CL

£984.00

So in effect, I have saved £446.00 on my annual insurance costs and added a Golf 1.6CL free of charge.

The cost of adding young Ringway to the Golf for 12, months was £1400.00 and should he pass his driving test before the years insurance is finished, he will be able to drive on his own without the cover costs increasing.

When you contact PRIMO PLC there is no “Press one for this, press two for that”, and you get straight through to a “human being” who is willing and able to discuss all the relevant points and work out the best policy to suit.

I'm not sure if I could have got a cheaper deal elsewhere, but I'm certainly very pleased with the service and the prices I have paid.

I'd say it's well worth calling PRIMO. Freephone 05001 05001.

Last edited:
+1 for primo as they insured both my 55 and 240 for under £900. That's over £200 less than my last premium and way less than what my renewal came through.

Had a long chat with them at Jays GTG - seemed keen to do business not just sell.. nice guys.:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom