printing screen image

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercmanuk

MB Enthusiast
Car
C180 AVANTGARDE SE SPORT GONE AND MISSED LANDROVER FREELANDER 2 LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW
is it possible to press a key on the keyboard and print the current screen you are viewing?

Yes, it is the key marked "Print Screen", should be next to the last "F" key at the top. Despite its name this actually copies the current screen to the clipboard. Then, you open your graphics program, choose "Paste" (Ctrl + V) and the captured screen grab is pasted into an image file. You can then print it from there.

Last edited:
Or 'ALT' 'Print Screen' to give you the open window as opposed to the whole desktop.

If you want a bit more control over screen captures and prints then Gadwin Printscreen is available as freeware.

Another good one I use frequently is Hypersnap 6 great for screen capture and editing the image http://www.hyperionics.com/ free 30 day trial but cheap as chips for the license, well worth it if you are doing this regular. I use it a lot for screen capture when importing into PowerPoint presentations as you can control the size and just about everything else keeping the PowerPoint file size to a minimum (Images below in signature done with it)

Last edited:
thanks all,i was just pressing "print screen"
again forum comes up trumps

OR if youre using vista, click on accessories or some where round there ( cant check im on mac at mo) and theres a new proper tool called snippet

or you can use WINDOWS key + S.

This is rather a good tool that most people dont see or use.

Best way to do it using windows is ALT + PrtScrn (print screen) buttons.

Then go into MS Paint and press CTRL + V (Paste)

------

Best packages for it - Microsoft OneNote is what we use commonly and Snaggit is another one.

With both OneNOte and Snaggit, just press the Windows Logo and S to capture.

----------------------------

TIP: Remember, if you try to get a capture of some streaming video files, albeit paused, you will end up with a blank box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom