Printing Whatsapp Messages

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
I need to print off a Whatsapp message as it appears on the phone - i.e. in chronological order, showing both sides of the conversation.

I can get it onto Notepad, but it's not paginated.

I can get the message from my phone to my PC via the QR code, but haven't found a way of printing if off yet.

I only want the text, not the ink consuming background screen and I can't do individual screen shots as it's hundreds of messages long (don't ask) :crazy:.

I just want to hit the button and away the printer goes.

Help please :thumb:.

The other option would be to Google how to get a screen-shot from your phone (varies by model e.g. iPhone, Samsung., etc) then put together a succession for screen-shots.

Try printing it from either here (online):

https://web.whatsapp.com/

Or here (using PC software):

https://www.whatsapp.com/download/

Also, note that your phone is the ONLY place where these messages are stored.

Whenever you access them online or from your PC, your are simply connecting to the phone to see the messages.

So if you delete the WhatsApp messages from your phone, they are lost forever, i.e. a copy is NOT kept online or on your PC even if you do use the links above to see these messages.

There are ways of backing up the WhatsApp messages form your phone but unless you actively do that then there is no backup.

Doesn't whatsapp give you the facility to email a conversation somewhere in the settings?

Just do that and then print it

Yes it does.

On Android anyway. Open the chat, 3 dots top right then more and you will see an email chat option.

Excellent...learnt something new today:D

Yes it does.

On Android anyway. Open the chat, 3 dots top right then more and you will see an email chat option.

Thanks for the above - I'd already emailed it to myself, but it came up as a .txt notepad file, completely useless, however, this time I tried a cut and paste into a Word doc and the layout returned to a message by message format - so it's all good :thumb:

All 52 pages (22,187 words) of it :crazy:.

Just need to get some text messages off the phone and into print now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom