Prior Planning Prevents..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RobertoMercini

Car
E250 BlueEff Coupe
something something something

Right, I've made a slight error. I've just realised that to transfer my private plate onto the vehicle I'm about to buy, I need to obviously get another reg from the DVLA for the car I'm taking it off. I knew that, what I didn't realise was the potential delay involved in this occuring (I thought I'd be able to put the old ones back on, pay a fee and the new owner could wait for the paperwork to come through)

Rather than wait potentially two weeks for the new paperwork to come through I was going to suggest to the dealer that I pay him the px value of my trade-in in cash by way of a deposit of sorts (so I can drive away the new one) and then take the px vehicle back to him when it has its new reg, at which point he can then refund my money

My question is, does anyone on here have any better ideas as to how I can drive my 'new' car away this week, without signing the vehicle (and ergo, the plate) over to the dealer?

Thanks in advance!

Why not just give the dealer all the paperwork and the transfer fee and let him sort it out for you. Can be done over the counter here, they can do change of owner at the same time.

Thanks Al, my only question with that would be whether the dvla would then send me the new details as I'd technically still be the registered keeper until the new info comes through? I'm probably wrong!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom