Pristine wheels has gone ☹️ Any one else ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat gas 1

Car
2013 c63 amg pp,Noble m12 gt03,Mazda cx-3
Just gone to look for pristine wheels and they ceased trading last year !!
Gutted I have used them many times over the years and had top class service, any one know of a good replacement ?
Thanks Pat

Avoid "Supreme" who are also in Milton Keynes.

Did awful job on my on my wheels and second attempt was even worse.

Avoid "Supreme" who are also in Milton Keynes.

Did awful job on my on my wheels and second attempt was even worse.
Pristine where awesome ...gutted

As above, Pristine were literally the best in the business - bar none.

I’ve probably had 20-30 sets of wheels refurbished over the years, and bought several sets of wheels (and cars with refurbished wheels) and never seen anything approaching their quality.

The attention to detail was out this world, and better packaging than new.

Most wheel refurb places are good but these guys were another level.

Real shame as I only got to use them once.

Pristine where awesome ...gutted
I agree. They were the best.

Dealer that I used had contract with Supreme.

After second botch I sent the wheels of to Pristine via the dealership who did an excellent job!

I fear this is going to be happening a lot in coming months 😟

I use autowiz in WGC, can’t fault work or service. Good value. All bog standard wheels though, no experience with fancy split rims or anything.

To be fair Pristine closed down for other reasons over a year ago now - I think it was the end of an era for a successful family run business.

I've not used Lepsons but I'm considering as one of the W212 needs 2 x tyres.
Thought it may be a good opportunity to try them as they get good rep.

Have a firm local I was going to try but I've asked them for pricing and they don't seem to be able to give me a price list or a costing to do 2 x 18" diamond cut wheels. :confused:

Lepsons are pretty good - certainly better than some and amongst the better choices but not as good as Pristine were.

I’ve seen their welding and diamond cutting, on more than one set of wheels, about 9 or 9.5/10.0 I would say :thumb:

Pristine would have been 9.9/10.0 :D

5/10 being your mobile refurb van, most average wheel refurb places a 7 or 8.

To be fair I’m not sure who I would use next time - 90% of people who get kerbed/corroded/dirty wheels refinished are usually happy with the results - it depends on the wheels in question, your standards and expectations etc I guess :)

I had a couple of wheels done recently for the GLS. Gloss black with diamond cut faces as per the original spec.

I've used Lepsons previously but was pushed for time so tried a local place and was pleasantly surprised.

Wheel 1.jpg

Wheel 2.jpg

Wheel 3.jpg

I've seen Lepson's work a few times on Porsche's, excellent every time. There's even a trader that advertises in the PCGB magazine, brings a spare set of wheels to you so you're not car-less, takes your wheels to Lepsons for refurb then repeats the swop once Lepsons have done their thing! No doubt more expensive than leaving your car at Lepsons, but far more convenient.

I use AlloyWheelRefurbishmentUK (AWRUK). Yes they are local to me but their work is up there with the best. I have got to know the owner and it's not just the finish...from the paints they use to the equipment is all top stuff. They also manufacture, use and sell their own equipment including lathes. Lepsons recently bought their lathes for one of their outlets because it was the best on the market. They are not the cheapest and don't claim to be either, but their work does speak for itself.

Just gone to look for pristine wheels and they ceased trading last year !!
Gutted I have used them many times over the years and had top class service, any one know of a good replacement ?
Thanks Pat
Pristine wheels ? Wheel refurbishment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom