Private number plate 0o font question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't get why they don't offer custom plates for example DEREK, sell it for thousands, and use that money to fix all the ****ing pot holes in the road

So who receives the (inflated) funds?
Dvla do?
But it's not them that inflate the price, it's the buyers that do. Dvla start them off at low prices that suit the unaltered registration,buyers bid them up to silly prices then misaligne them. You can't blame dvla for that.

And going to the camera thing, my plate is MAT 8N(spaced correctly) but whenever I go to a car park or whatever that reads the plate it usualky comes back with M4 TBN.

My other plate is AYT 8N which I run as AYT8N(with a bolt through the 8) and have been followed by the police often enough and never been pulled for it.

I'm a simple northerner though, we don't really get the big city stupidity up here:D

Look if you mess with the spacing of a number plate then it is illegal,and you would be wise to have a extra set of plates that are legal to put on at the annual MOT because they can fail the car,,I run my car with a plate with that is not legal because of spacing,but it does spell my entire surname and the first letter is my initial,it did not cost very much,you would be very unlucky to get stopped because of it,but you do run a risk of a lecture if your car is parked,my grandson got a extra ice cream and me a coffee when a policeman who had got his Mc Donalds meal decide to pay some interest,like Markjay I heard that the DVLA was going to allow mispacing, it would seem to be the easy way out of the situation,but when has sense and the DVLA ever gone hand in hand.

Look if you mess with the spacing of a number plate then it is illegal,and you would be wise to have a extra set of plates that are legal to put on at the annual MOT because they can fail the car,,I run my car with a plate with that is not legal because of spacing,but it does spell my entire surname and the first letter is my initial,it did not cost very much,you would be very unlucky to get stopped because of it,but you do run a risk of a lecture if your car is parked,my grandson got a extra ice cream and me a coffee when a policeman who had got his Mc Donalds meal decide to pay some interest,like Markjay I heard that the DVLA was going to allow mispacing, it would seem to be the easy way out of the situation,but when has sense and the DVLA ever gone hand in hand.

I have also heard that the Police have been told NOT to actively pursue plates that are using the correct font, are legible by ANPR but have been illegally spaced or are using Black & Silver. My Policeman Golf Buddy says it would not be wise to test this as (a) he has not been told this directly and (b) it would be a "guide" and not law. So if he is in a bad mood and you have a nonconforming plate, he is likely to nick you.

Yes my plate has the correct font and size,I have just bought another one as my grandson is about to enter the driving seat maybe sometime next year his name is Bradley so rather than have him wishing me dead so he could grab my number plate,I have bought him the one with 08 for the OA in our surnames he will get it as a xmas /birthday present,as it cost twice as much as my 04 one,and for those wondering mine spells B CO4KER,just luck I suppose to have a obscure surname quiet popular in Devon.

I believe that footballer Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain had a numberplate on his Bentley continental GTC that spelled out his whole name. But he had to take it off as it was slapping the asses of pedestrians as he drove by :D

Can't be that. I'm Spartacus.

Or Brian?

Pontiuos Pilate: Centuwion, do we have anyone of that name in the gawwison?
Centurion: Well, no, sir
Pontious Pilate: Well, you sound vewy sure. Have you checked?
Centurion:Well, no, sir. Umm, I think it's a joke, sir... like, uh, 'Sillius Soddus' or... 'Biggus Dickus', sir.
Pontious Pilate: What's so funny about "Biggus Dickus? "
Centurion: Well, it's a joke name, sir.

I got Rick Parfitt's plate V8OUO when I bought his RangeRover, regretting letting it go with the car now but guess it was the price to pay to offload the car...
38d907cee17533b066d99f3fefb41c8e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Just saw this plate:

image.jpg

I suppose it demonstrates why it is not a good idea to allow mispacing.....

I had H9 POO on our W202.

Be better if it was H8 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom